Boston is turning into such a sweet and grown-up boy. I wanted to write down a couple of the sweet things he's said and done lately. If I can't make him stay four forever, I guess the next best thing is to write down what he was like at four. I'm going to miss this age!
Today my conversation with Boston in the car: "Boston did you say your prayers and make your bed this morning?" Boston, "Ya, but I was just dancing in my room because I had to go potty, so I said my prayers really fast so I wouldn't pee in my pants." Ha ha. That made me smile. I could just picture him dancing around his room while he said his prayers. I told him he could always use the bathroom first next time. I was so impressed the first day that Boston walked into my room and announced that he'd made his bed and said his prayers because I had never told him he needed to do that. I guess Scott told him to once, but still, I was impressed.
I have another cute story about him that I meant to write down a few weeks ago. One morning while I was in the bathroom, Boston quickly made my bed. Then he yelled through the bathroom door that he had a surprise for me and I had to keep my eyes closed when I came out. He led me into my room and made sure I kept my eyes closed the entire way. He's really into surprises lately and loves to lead us to things while we keep our eyes closed. Then he said, "Surprise! I made your bed for you so you wouldn't have to make it everyday. I wanted to make you happy!" So sweet. Made my day. I had to take a picture of the crooked four-year-old bed making job because it was so cute. I left it like that the rest of the day.
Here's Boston one day after getting his face painted like a puppy at the gym. This was my favorite one. He normally goes for superheroes. I'm so glad he has so much fun in the kids club at the gym, especially since he hated going to gym daycares for the first three years of his life. Now he loves it and even asks to go. Yay! I think it helps a lot that he is older and that the gym we go to now does such a good job of entertaining the kids.
Here's a video for Boston's Grandmas and Grandpas, and anyone else that wants to watch it. It's only 40 seconds. It's Boston singing and signing a primary song that he's learning right now. It's a really pretty song called "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." He loves learning the sign language for it, and I love watching him try to do it and sing. All the primary kids are going to sing and sign this song in sacrament for the primary program. I've always loved watching the cute kids during the primary program, but I can't believe one of those kids will be ours this year!
I published this post yesterday, but I have to add in what Boston ate for lunch today so I can look back and remember what a hearty appetite this four-year old had! He started with a whole turkey and avocado sandwich and cottage cheese. In my mind I thought that was plenty, but he was still hungry after that. He asked for a mango and eggs, but I didn't feel like making eggs, so I hoped he'd be full after the mango. He wasn't, so he had a box of raisins and a banana. I thought he was done after that so I gave him some vanilla wafers for dessert, but apparently he still wasn't done. Now he's sitting at the table with a stack of ritz crackers, and he just might eat the whole stack. Don't worry, I won't let him eat the whole stack. Wow, this kid can eat, and I don't know where he puts it.

3 comments:
Oh, Andi, Boston is so cute. I can't get over how sweet and darling he is. I love his puppy face and the singing and signing and everything he does. He couldn't be cuter!! Thanks for posting this. I loved it.
Cute stories! And holy cow! I can't believe how much he eats!!
- Maija-Liisa
He is so adorable!
Post a Comment