Friday, February 12, 2010

Runaway Bride

Except she didn't run away from her husband, she ran away with her husband to Mexico to escape this yucky weather!

Scott and I had the wonderful privilege of attending Sherstin and Trevor's wedding on February 11. We were so happy to share their special day with them! It was a really neat experience! Sherstin is an amazing person, and she married an amazing guy. They are going to have such a happy life together! We are so happy for them!


Sherstin and I went to the same high school and we both did track, but we never really talked to each other very much in high school. It was after high school that we became best friends. We got to talking one day at an alumni track meet about how we wanted to run a marathon. At the time I had never run more than 4 miles in my life and I don't think Sherstin had gone very many miles before either, but we decided that we were going to run a marathon, and we were going to train together! The cool thing is that we actually did it!! We trained together and ran our first marathon together in 2005! I know I couldn't have done it without her!! All that training equaled lots and lots of talking which eventually led to a long lasting friendship that I am so grateful for! I have come to love this girl for her wonderful example and positive energy that is always radiating from her. We have done quite a few races together and even more training runs since our first marathon in 2005. I remember when we were both going to BYU and insanely busy, but we would still always find time to squeeze a run in even if it was in the dark at 9:00 pm, or way way too early in the morning. We have not done another marathon together since 2005, but we are signed up and currently training to do the Ogden marathon in May! Trevor is also doing it, so they are going to be nice and let me intrude on their Saturday long runs with them sometimes.



Isn't she the cutest runaway bride you've ever seen?


I love seeing the looks on the bride and groom's faces because it's nothing but pure joy the entire day!



My favorite thing about weddings is how happy they are, and they remind me of how I felt on my wedding day! Scott and I both enjoyed the reminder of how happy in love we were on our wedding day! Good memories!


We also had a great time at her beautiful reception that night at the Oakridge Country Club. They had a fun little program with some music and dancing. Boston absolutely loves music. There was an acoustic type band that was playing a few songs and Boston put his head on my shoulder like he was going to go to sleep. We were really surprised because he never does that, so we decided that we are going to start playing acoustic music for him when he is trying to go to sleep.




Boston loves Sherstin and Trevor too. They come babysit him sometimes when we go to the temple.


Congratulations to Sherstin and Trevor! We love you guys! Thanks for letting us share your happy day with you!

Scott took the picture of the Salt Lake temple, and I edited it in photoshop and framed it for their wedding present. I thought it turned out pretty cute!

1 comment:

Heidi F said...

Oh she is so happy she is glowing in those pictures. Thanks for sharing! It is always fun to see a bride and groom. Love it.