We had a pretty sweet four day weekend! Lots of fun stuff happened such as celebrating Valentine's Day, giving Boston his first haircut, going to Park City, AND getting an offer on our condo!! We feel so blessed to have already gotten an offer after only having it up for sale for a week!
I wanted to surprise Scott with a nice steak dinner for Valentine's Day, but when I realized Valentine's Day was on Sunday I decided to make the dinner on Friday. We had steak, sweet potatoes, salad, pink rolls, sparkling cider, and fruit smoothies. It was yummy! Except I'm not too much of a meat fan, especially when it's a big fat piece of stake half the size of a cow. Scott looked over at the giant steak on my plate and asked, "So is your steak just for decoration, or are you actually going to eat that?" Ha ha. How did he know mine was just for decoration? I guess he knows me pretty well. Aren't those flowers gorgeous? Scott gave them to me on Sunday. I love lilies! They are my favorite! He also gave me an itunes gift card for some new running music. Wahoo! Any suggestions of good running songs for me?
After dinner we put Boston to bed and started watching season 1 of Lost. We have never seen it, so we thought we'd rent it and see what all the hype was about. Wow, that show is crazy, weird, intriguing, and incredibly addicting!! Now we see what all the hype is about! I'm so glad we don't have to wait a week in between episodes! I would go insane! We stayed up until 1:30 the first night watching it. Then we stayed up at least until midnight or later every night since watching it. We are almost done with the entire first season after one four day weekend! That's huge for me because I never like to sit and watch movies. If I do I usually fall asleep, but I'm still wide awake at 1:30 in the morning watching Lost and I don't like to stop to go to bed. Scott's enjoying that I'll actually sit and watch episode after episode with him. He especially likes that I get scared really easy, so I'm constantly grabbing on to him and squeezing his hand because it's usually pretty intense.
We had a really nice relaxing Saturday. I was pretty tired because I had a 15 mile training run that morning. I did it all by myself too! I was proud of myself for doing the whole thing because I was really tempted to cut it short since no one could even do at least part of it with me. I hate going that long by myself. I get nervous about getting kidnapped or something, but I stayed on the busy roads instead of going up the canyon like I would have preferred. Marathon training is going really well so far! I have my first race of the year coming up in March. I'm doing the Rex Lee 10k at BYU.
After my run Scott and I watched a couple more episodes of Lost while Boston napped. When Boston woke up Scott gave him his very first haircut! I think he did an excellent job, especially on a wiggly one year old! What do you think? Doesn't he look so handsome? No more mullet or random swatch of hair on top that I can put in a pony tail! I'm pretty sure he won't get mistaken for a girl anymore. He looks so much older now too! Later that night we went to Carrabbas for dinner. Delicious. 

Scott had Monday off for President's Day, so we went to Park City. He gave me a coupon for Valentine's Day for a day in Park City. I think going back to the place where he first held my hand and proposed is definitely a good place to celebrate Valentine's weekend! We ate at a yummy soup place called Souperman. I highly recommend it if you go to Park City! Then we spent the rest of the day shopping at the outlets. I scored some sweet deals. I got a coat for $12.99 that was normally $99! I also got a couple shirts for $5-10 dollars. Then of course we came home and watched lost until 12:30. Now Scott is currently waiting and sighing because he wants me to finish this dang post so we can watch Lost some more, so I got to go now!
It sure was one sweet weekend!!
It sure was one sweet weekend!!
4 comments:
Fun weekend!! I want to watch Lost too. That is the way we would do it as well. We did that with The Office when it first came out. We hadn't watched the first season but heard it was so funny, so we rented them and watched them all in a night!! lol.
LOVE Boston's haircut. He looks like a stud. GREAT JOB!!
Boston sure looks handsome with that haircut!
Wow, that was an amazing weekend! I've never seen Lost either. Sounds like you're doing it the best way - marathon viewing. Good luck with your training too. Boston looks adorable with his haircut! And it is a blessing, in deed, to have an offer on the condo. Way to spiff it up for the showings!
So fun! Love the lillies! Oh and guess what! Park City was the first place Michael and I held hands and where he proposed! fun coincidence! It was so fun seeing you at the wedding! Oh and I'm stealing one of your pics of them to put on my blog because I didn't have my camera! thanks!
Post a Comment