Thursday, February 4, 2010

Almost Did It

I was so close to cutting Boston's little mullet in the back, and pony tail up top, but I chickened out. His hair really is long enough to do a cute little pony tail on the top of his head. I tried it, and he looked like an adorable little girl. Ha ha. There won't be any pictures of that on here though because there was no way Scott was about to let me take a picture of Boston with a pony tail on top of his head and a pink outfit on. Ya I put him in a pink outfit that we bought for a friend who is having a baby girl soon. I couldn't help it. He looked too dang cute. Now I want a baby girl! I never realized just how pretty-boy Boston is until I saw him in pink. In fact, he got called a girl the other day when I took him to play at the mall playground. He crawled up to a little boy and I asked the mom, "How old is he?" She replied, "Ten months, how old is SHE?" I relpied, "Oh, HE'S one." She then felt a little embarrassed and apologized to me. I looked Boston's outfit over and decided he was never wearing that shirt again. It was red, but it had some buttons down the front with a pinkish stripe on the inside. I'd never noticed it before.

This is the red shirt he was wearing with some jeans at the mall when he got called a girl. If you click on it to make it bigger you might be able to see the pinkish stripe by the buttons. Does it look too girly? Either way, if he does wear it again I'll make sure all the buttons are done up. We like manly boys, not pretty boys.


I decided I better have fun playing with Boston's hair while I can because I know I'm going to cave in any day now and give him a hair cut. How do you like the Mohawk look on Boston? I had much more fun doing this than I would have cutting his hair. However, don't be surprised if you see a handsome little toddler with a new hair cut on here in a couple days.

In other news:
Boston is completely changing his schedule on me just when I was getting the hang of his old one! I think he is going down to one nap whether I like it or not. He's even being stubborn about that one nap lately. The past few days he's skipped his second nap which means he's pretty grumpy the last half of the day. Then we put him to bed an hour or so earlier around 7:30 and he wakes up an hour or so earlier around 6:45-7:00. He is developing the habit of being practically asleep in my arms, and then as soon as I lay him down and walk out of the room I hear him playing in his crib. It's driving me crazy because I know he's tired, but I can't keep going in there to force him to sleep. He needs to learn to fall asleep on his own when he's tired. It's hard for me to let him play in there when he's supposed to be sleeping because then I know he'll be grumpy later on, but I also don't want him to think I'll come in and rock him to sleep five times. Anyway, the new schedule is kind of nice in a few ways. I know this is lame, but I liked being able to sit down and watch Biggest Loser on Tuesday without having to watch Boston at the same time. It's the one show I actually sit down to watch, and I look forward to it every week. I also like being up and ready to go to the gym earlier in the morning because now Scott and I walk out the door at the same time. With the other schedule I was just barely getting up and ready to go to the gym by the time Scott was leaving for school. I just need to make sure I go to bed earlier now since Boston is waking up earlier!

I also started officially training for the Ogden Marathon yesterday! I'm bracing myself for some painfully early mornings, and some painfully long runs! I'm going to train harder than I did for St. George. I'm going to add some tempo runs and speed in to my training, which I almost never do. I usually just get the miles in at whatever pace is comfortable. I want to improve my time a lot this marathon, so I'm going to make myself train a little out of my comfort zone. We'll see how it goes because Boston is getting much more difficult to take running with me. He doesn't have the patience to sit in the stroller for one to two hours like he used to. I work just as hard at my run as I do trying to keep him occupied with snacks and various toys during my run. I'm constantly handing him new things as I'm running, and when he gets really impatient he's constantly throwing those things out of the stroller. Some days I'm fine with it, but on the days that it takes all my will power just to go running (like today), it's so hard to stop and pick things up several times and then make myself start running again and again. I did my first tempo run yesterday and it went well! I was really happy that I was able to pick up the speed for two miles of my run. I didn't think I could do it, but I realized my body is capable of running faster, it's just a matter of training my mind to let it run faster.

Well, Boston finally gave in and fell asleep on his own just now! It was hard, but I stayed strong and didn't go back in there after I put him down for a nap. It was the usual routine. He was exhausted and mostly asleep in my arms, I put him down in his crib and left the room, then I heard him playing. He played for awhile and realized he was really tired, so he whined for awhile for me to come back in and rock him to sleep. I hate listening to him whimper for me when I know I can walk in there and make him stop in two seconds, but I waited it out this time and now he's asleep. Hopefully I can figure out his new schedule and get the hang of it soon!

Last bit of news is that Scott had a doctor appointment yesterday for his wrist and it is healing great. He doesn't need surgery, and he can even start taking his brace off when he's not really doing anything. He is excited to try to squeeze a few more basketball games in before the season is over. He misses it a lot.

1 comment:

Heidi F said...

That was fun to catch up on the Fitz family news. I haven't been able to get on the computer much lately since its been on the blitz. Congrats with your running. I'm amazed at what you have been able to do with Boston along for the ride. Good luck with your training. Great news about Scott's wrist and cute pix of Boston. I've always thought he was a beautiful BOY!!