We loved our mini vacation to St. George this past weekend! We started out the weekend with our very first trip to the Tuacahn where we saw the play Annie, and we loved it. We both love plays and being outside, so the Tuacahn was perfect for us. We definitely want to go back there sometime! We decided that we want to make it a tradition to always go to a play there the night before I do the marathon ( if I do the marathon again). But chances are I will do the marathon again because I have been saying that every marathon I run will be my last marathon ever since I ran my first marathon, and this was my sixth marathon. I kind of feel like the boy who cried wolf too many times, except I'm the girl who cried I'm done with marathons too many times.
Scott's parents let us stay in their time share with them and they also babysat Boston so we could go to the play. Thank you thank you thank you Heidi and Barry! You guys are the best!
When the play was over Scott took me to a cabin to stay with my friend Sarah who was also running the marathon the next day. We stayed at the cabin because it was close to the starting line, so we didn't have to wake up extra early to get on the race buses. (I say that like we got to sleep in, but 5:00am isn't exactly sleeping in. It's better than 4:00am though!) That was my very first night sleeping away from Boston! I left for the play around 6:30 and didn't see him again until the next day around 11:00. That was a new record for me! I missed my little guy.
(I took these starting-line pictures with my cell phone, so that's why they are all blurry.)
Me wearing Scott's huge sweatshirt at the starting line. I really don't like freezing my butt off at the start of races, but I would much rather do that than run the entire race in the heat.These next pictures were taken by the marathon photographers. I just copied the thumbnails instead of buying them, so that's why they're so small.
It turns out watching a race is almost as tiring as running the race. Both Boston and Scott could barely stay awake the rest of the day.








1 comment:
Good job Andrea! I'm so impressed-6 marathons! I'm glad you guys made a little vacation out of it too!
Post a Comment