This little piglet has the H1N1 flu, and so do I. It will be a loooong week of cuddling, sleeping, watching movies, and avoiding people. So far Scott has miraculously stayed healthy. I don't know how because this flu spreads like crazy. People are getting it if they know someone that knows someone that has it.
(cutest, sweetest puppy-dog eyes in the world.)It's so sad that Boston is sick, but I love cuddling with him! For the first couple days he was sick it was like he was a newborn again. He would sleep on my chest for hours, and he was so calm and sweet. He didn't even really cry, he just whimpered because he was too tired to cry. He is doing much much better now though! His fever has gone down a lot, which is a huge relief! He also has a lot more energy and is more smiley. He's acting a lot more like the Boston we know. So far it seems like he's not going to get as sick as I got because he is getting better so fast. (Thanks to everyone for their prayers, help, and concern. I think your prayers really helped) I'm still really worried that he might get congested though because I didn't get congested until I had been sick for 3 days. I'm thinking that maybe I've already built up a bunch of antibodies and Boston is getting them from me since I'm still nursing him, so hopefully he won't get the full fledged sickness, plus he got medicine from the doctor and I didn't.
This is a weird sickness. I know it affects different people differently, but for me it's like a mixture of the flu and a really bad cold. It started with a cough, really achy muscles, hot and cold chills, and a really bad headache. Plus I sweat like crazy when I sleep. Just my back though. It's weird, and I'm sure you all wanted to know that. A couple days later I got a stuffy nose and watery eyes and I'm really, really tired all the time. I thought I was going to be insanely bored staying home for a whole week straight, but the days fly by when you sleep all day and that's all you really feel like doing. I thought I would read a lot too, but I haven't picked up my book once because my eyeballs usually hurt from the headache. So I'm not insanely bored, but I can't say that going outside to check the mail isn't the highlight of my day. I miss the fresh air, and people interaction. Luckily we don't have to worry about dehydration because I have not thrown up and Boston has only thrown up once.
We carved pumpkins last night, and Boston hung out in his bouncer.
This was the second day he was sick, and as you can see he already feels better.
He even smiles when he's sick!
I'm glad we have Boston's 9 month check-up on Monday! It will be nice to get him all checked out by a doctor again just to make sure everything is ok.
Stay tuned for pictures of our awesome pumpkins we carved! Thanks again for all your love, concern, prayers, etc!
6 comments:
Oh man, such misery. Doesn't it make you appreciate EVERYDAY that we feel normal and healthy. Glad to hear you guys are on the mend :)
I hope you and Boston continue to get feeling better. I'm sorry you have been so sick. :(
I am so sorry you have been sick. I miss running with you.
That was such a sad post because its the pits to be sick. And for you and Boston to be sick together is doubly bad. Your symptoms did sound miserable. I hope you can both recuperate quickly. We love you and are thinking of you.
Oh man, I'm so sorry, I hope you guys feel better soon.
Ohh! That first picture of Boston just breaks my heart! I'm so glad you two are getting better and Scott is staying healthy. I hope it keeps up.
Post a Comment