Friday, October 9, 2009

Lovin the Fall

Gotta love the cool crisp air of Fall and pretty mountains with colorful leaves! I'm so glad we live five minutes from the canyon! I wish I could take it with me wherever we end up when Scott graduates. Is there anywhere else that is five minutes from the canyon that has a paved running path, and a waterfall, and drinking fountains every few miles? I'm feeling a bit attached to where we are living right now. I think it's because Scott has interviewed for a few companies that would require us to move away from our safe little comfort-zone haven. He doesn't have any offers yet, so I'm not saying we are for sure moving, it's just a likely possibility. Sad, very sad, but kind of exciting too.

We drove up to Sundance a couple weeks ago and had a nice walk. It's my favorite thing to do on Sunday nights. It was already dark by the time we got there because we don't get out of church until 5:30 now. But we got to see the leaves on our way up and for about ten minutes after we got there.


Sportin the hoods





I'm trying to soak in as much of this Fall weather as I can before it turns to bitter cold and snow. Last Tuesday I went on a walk up Provo Canyon with my old roommate Maija-Liisa and her baby.


It looks way better in person.


I love all the leaves on the ground! It makes me want to eat pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and drink cider!


Boston loves being outside.


Maija-Liisa on the pretty path.


Baby Ava slept the whole time.


It's what 8 week old babies do best.


I love having so many stay-at-home moms so close by to hang out with. Another reason why I am feeling attached to where we live now.


Pretty Bridal Veil Falls.


Perfect weather. It makes me want to go running, and carve pumpkins, and eat crock pot stew, and watch a movie in sweats with hot chocolate and popcorn, and go on a hay ride. Fall is the best.

2 comments:

Reece and Lindsey said...

I take Matthew on walks up there all the time! It's SO beautiful! I tried to take pictures as well, but it just didn't quite capture the REAL beauty. Cute pics!!

Traci said...

Hey Andrea - Those pictures and your family are beautiful! :) Just go to Ikea.com and search for "PAX". It's all customizable so you pick your wardrobe frame and then add all the shelves and organizers that you want! Ours turned out to be a little more expensive than I was planning because I got mirrored doors - it can be very reasonable depending on colors/materials that you pick. Have fun!