He's a lot more mobile, curious, and exploratory. So basically our house is never going to be clean again! It's funny to me how much having a baby has changed me. Little things don't bother me near as much as they once did. For example, I would rather watch Boston tear our house apart because he looks so cute doing it and is having fun than have a clean house.
His favorite pastimes at the moment are:
- knocking the garbage can over so he can play with the bag ( I wish we had a pantry to hide the can in)
-exploring the house and seeing what he can pull off the shelves
-going in the bathroom to explore and play with the rugs and the springy door stop (he loves to sit and hit the door stop and watch it "boing") It makes a funny noise that he likes.
- climb on everything (his poor little head is getting quite a few bumps these days)
- put everything dangerous in his mouth (cords and plastic bags are his absolute favorite things to play with. Yikes!) He definitely keeps me alert and on my toes these days! I told Scott the other day that we are going to need really good health insurance for this little guy!
Some new things he's doing:
-he can go from laying down to sitting up all by himself!
-he can pull himself up to a standing position now! Nap time just got a lot harder because pulling himself up in his crib and seeing what he can reach and look at is so much cooler than taking a nap.
-he's getting really fast at army crawling and goes all over the house, but he isn't crawling on his hands and knees yet.
-he claps his hands when he is playing and gets happy or excited. (so so cute)
-he is starting to eat a lot more solid foods. I just barely bought him some little apple-strawberry puffs.
-he is experimenting with sounds and "talking" a lot more. He says ba ba and ma ma a lot, but we aren't counting those as words because they are still just babbles that happen to sound like words.
I am dying because I am currently camera-less!! AHHH! We left the charger at my parents house and our battery is dead. Boston was being so cute a minute ago, and yesterday, and the day before etc. and I had no camera!! I will post some 8 month pictures when I get our camera charger back. He looks so cute standing in his crib. He thinks he's so big and so cool when he pulls himself up in his crib, so he is all smiles and giggles when he does that. I want to get some pictures and video of him doing that. I'll post some hopefully early next week!
3 comments:
How cute he is! It's fun to see his personality emerging! And I LOVE his smile in the picture on your header where you guys are kissing his cheeks. How cute is that!
Wow, I can't believe he can pull himself up to a standing position. Well, I really can believe it because he has the strongest legs! But he is changing on a daily basis. Hang on for the ride. Thanks for keeping us updated. Its so fun to hear what he is doing. Can't wait to see more pictures too. Love you guys!
I cant believe how big he is!!!!! He is sooo stinking cute! I love his smile! Your family is so adorable! Its been way too long since we have seen you guys.
Post a Comment