Our first adventure today was taking Boston to church for the first time!
It was nice to be able to go to church with Scott again and stay the whole time! After Sunday School Scott and I were "arguing" over whether Boston got to go to Relief Society or Priesthood because we both wanted him. Scott is too sweet and let me win that argument. During Relief Society I experienced a couple adventures with him, but I learned from all of them, and hopefully I'll do better next time.
It was nice to be able to go to church with Scott again and stay the whole time! After Sunday School Scott and I were "arguing" over whether Boston got to go to Relief Society or Priesthood because we both wanted him. Scott is too sweet and let me win that argument. During Relief Society I experienced a couple adventures with him, but I learned from all of them, and hopefully I'll do better next time.
#1-Next time I take him out of his car seat when he starts to cry a little I will be A LOT more careful that his shoes don't catch the end of my dress and flash my garments to all the girls in the Relief Society. (I sit in front of everyone because I'm in the presidency)
#2-Make sure the cap that goes over the bottle nipple isn't full of milk so it doesn't spill all over my dress when I take it off. (This happened right after I managed to pull my dress back down over my garments)
#3-Make sure I have a burp cloth ready at all times so the girl next to me doesn't have to let me borrow hers after I spill milk on my dress, and then grab mine for me out of my diaper bag behind my chair.
#4-Take Boston out before he starts farting really loud, or at least try not to be embarrassed and smile when he does fart because the only people that can really hear it anyways are the girls in the front row and the presidency. It just feels so weird because I'm up there in front everyone, so it's hard not to feel awkward when he is making those noises!
#5-Bring some perfume or something to cover up the sour milk smell when he throws up all over my dress. (Thankfully I was in the mother's room for that one)
Other than those little things, it went great taking him to church! He is such a good baby! He just slept the whole time until there was about thirty minutes left of church, and that's when I learned from all those little adventures.
He looked like a little stud in his cute church outfit. Here is a picture of him with me after church. He's getting so big! Scott went to put his Michael Jordan beanie on him yesterday and it didn't fit! We take him to the doctor this Frday for his two-month check-up, so we will find out how much he weighs then!

Our second adventure was that Scott and I both spoke in sacrament meeting today on agency! It went really well for both of us, and now I can say I'm officially an adult because I have NEVER spoken as an adult speaker in sacrament meeting before! The last time I spoke was one of those two-minute youth talks when I was in Young Women's. I don't know how I managed to go five years without getting asked to speak. Scott and I actually did get asked to speak while we were in Texas, but it was for the Sunday that we planned to come home, so we got out of that one.
I was really surprised that it was not as scary as I thought it would be. When I was younger I was absolutely TERRIFIED of speaking in public or being in any kind of spotlight. I am STILL like that, but I realized today that I have grown out of some of that terror because I didn't cry this time when Scott told me we were speaking in sacrament meeting. I remember I used to cry when I was younger when I would have to speak in sacrament meeting. I would say yes to the member of the bishopric, and then I would hang up the phone and cry.
I also remember when I was a sophomore in college and I got called to be a Gospel Doctrine teacher- I cried then too. Looking back on it now it's a pretty funny story. That time I didn't even wait until I got home to cry. I cried right in front of the member of the bishopric as he was giving me the call. I really couldn't help it. Poor guy, I probably made him feel so bad. I was all teary-eyed as I was telling him that I was willing to except this call, but he knew they weren't tears of joy.
I'm definitely no where near overcoming my fear of public speaking, but I just tried to have a better attitude about it, and look at it a different way this time. I told myself that it would be kind of like finishing a marathon. I like to do hard things because I feel good when I'm done, so I looked at it like that (and prayed A LOT), and then speaking in sacrament meeting turned out to not be so bad!
8 comments:
that IS quite and adventure! better luck next time!
Andi, you are so funny! What fun times. ;) That picture of you and Boston is beautiful. WOW. He looks so grown up!
I bet all the ward loved seeing Boston!
Good job on making it through your talk!
You are so cute! I loved your description of RS with Boston and comparing a sacrament meeting talk to a marathon. I'll remember that next time I have to talk. Of course I can't run marathons so maybe it won't help me. Your picture with Boston is adorable. He has changed alot in the last few weeks since I have seen him. What a darling little boy!
Classic relief society story. I'm sure you are going to have many more stories like that to share!
Cute picture. I can't wait to see you guys next week. Are you going to come to Layton?
You crack me up. You are such a good writer and portray your stories so well...I'm glad you didn't cry while you were talking yesterday. he he. I remember a family in our ward and the kids were my age and Kim's age and Scott's age and they would cry everytime they had to speak too and I always thought what the heck is their problem!! ha. It IS a very scary thing though...the number one fear for people in the world...public speaking. So you are doing good to conquer your fears!
Great stories! Fun to read.
What a cute little guy! You look amazing, by the way! I'd love to run with you any time. I don't usually have a car unless Jon rides his bike to work so I usually just run here in Orem somewhere. I have some runs mapped out based on how far I feel like going. The half is this Saturday and I'm a little nervous but I'm excited at the same time. My running has been a little more sporadic than I would like, especially while training for something. But I'm getting better slowly. I think I might try St. George this year too...it depends on how my mood is when the lottery is open, though! How far/fast are you running so far???
Post a Comment