Monday, May 19, 2008

Ogden Marathon and Relay

That's me and Scott running towards the finish line at the Ogden Marathon. He ran the last eight miles of the relay and caught up to me at mile 21 of the marathon. It was fun to be able to finish together. Scott is amazing and ran eight miles without even training. I stayed hydrated this time and felt much better, but at about mile 20 my quads were screaming at me from running so much downhill. I ran about thirty minutes faster than I did in Boston, but I still didn't get the time I was hoping for. I'm still glad I ran it though because I would much rather try and fail than not try and wonder if I would have failed.
I saw a bumper sticker at the race expo that said "13.1-half the run, twice the fun." That's my new favorite quote. I promised Scott I wouldn't run another marathon until I beat my best half-marathon time. That could take awhile, so it will probably be several years before I run a marathon again.

That's me and Jenny at mile 19. Jenny was nice to come run the last thirteen miles with me.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That is awesome Andrea! Congrats. I don't know if I could EVER do that. And Scott is a brat...so not fair!
love you guys

Heidi F said...

You were fabulous finishing the race. You are my hero.