
Scott and I had a blast in Boston for four busy days! We left on Saturday and arrived at 4am on Sunday. We slept for a few hours and then started the tour of the amazing Boston. We got to see the Freedom Trail and learn about all the cool history that took place there. We also went to the Aquarium, Museum of Art, Museum of Science, Observatory, Harvard, the Natural History Museum of Harvard, and the huge Boston Marathon expo.
Boston was a packed with people and the air was full of excitement while we were there because it was the weekend of the famous Boston Marathon! It was my dream come true to be able to run in the Boston Marathon, but I didn't realize until thirteen miles into the race that my dream come true would make me feel so nauseous and incredibly tired. I definitely learned my lesson and suffered the consequences of not drinking enough water. I didn't get the time I wanted, but it was still awesome to be able to run and finish such an exciting and memorable marathon!
Here are some pictures of our adventures in Boston!

Scott did a good job recording a lot of the things we saw and did in Boston. He even recorded Lance Armstrong crossing the finish line of the marathon.

This is the U.S.S. Constitution. It is the oldest ship still commissioned to sail! It's nickname is Old Ironsides.

I was so lucky to find such a cute and fun running buddy! This is me and Jenny Willis before the race. We were so excited and happy to run.

There were about 26000 runners at this marathon! This is me and Jenny waiting in an enormous line to get on the bus. It was so cool to see such an amazing crowd of excited runners.

This is me in our hotel after I spent a few hours in the medical tent following the race. The white thing on my arm is where they put the IV in because I was really dehydrated when I finished the race.

That's me after a much needed long, hot shower. I'm wearing my new Boston Marathon jacket, shirt, and medal.

This is Scott at the Museum of Science. We got up two hours earlier than we thought we did this day because I accidentally set the alarm clock two hours ahead when it went off at five in the morning. I just thought my cell phone had changed back to Utah time when the hotel clock said it was eleven and my cell phone said it was nine.

I loved the cute penguins at the Aquarium!

Scott having fun at the Harvard Natural History Museum.

This is how we felt after a long day of museum touring and lots of walking.
1 comment:
What fun times for you two! Congrats on running the Boston Marathon. You are my HERO.
Post a Comment