Monday, February 25, 2013

More Birthday Celebrating

We had Boston's birthday party with his friends the Friday before his real birthday, and then we had a little family celebration on Sunday, his real birthday.


We had Boston wait until we got home from church to open his presents from us and my parents. He was so excited all day at church. He didn't even take his church clothes off the second he got home like he usually does. 



He got a slinky, candy land, a Dr. Suess book, another fort kit so he and Scott can make BIGGER forts, and some TWIN size bedding. It's about time this big boy graduated to a twin size bed. We were just waiting until we had a house so we would have a place to put his old bed that he's been sleeping in since he was a baby!




After dinner we had leftover cupcakes and dirt worm cups from his birthday party. 


His big present was a bunk bed! (The mattress up there is the little one from his crib, and we ended up getting the twin size mattress about a week later. He just slept on the floor with his little mattress until we got a bigger one.)


Scott and my dad spent awhile putting it together while my mom and I tried to keep Boston occupied. He's been wanting a bunk bed for awhile, so he was pretty excited about it. He slept on the top bunk for about two nights, but I had a hard time sleeping knowing he was up there, so I convinced him to sleep on the bottom now. I told him he can sleep on the top when he turns six, and surprisingly he's fine with that rule. 



Boston got this cute cardboard house from our good friends for his birthday. They have two boys and a girl, and Boston plays with all of them. We're glad to be their neighbors now, not that we were very far away before, but they live right up the street now. We spent a few hours coloring this house while the bunk bed was being put together. It's so fun to have a playroom where we can put things like this! 


Boston also got an awesome swivel car from his Grandma and Grandpa Fitzgerald. He LOVES it, and rides it all over the kitchen all the time. 


He's not the only one that loves it. Adults can ride it too! It's fun!


This keeps Boston pretty entertained while I'm making dinner. I love it.


It's also a big hit whenever Boston has friends over. They were having a hard time taking turns, so we told them to see if all three of them would fit on it, and they did! 


I've been meeting with two of my friends a couple mornings a week to do the Insanity workouts, so these three cuties have a little play date on those mornings. 

Next up is Scott's birthday celebration which happened almost a month ago now. I'm slowly catching up. I've been trying to get our blog book from last year ready to order. I'm so close to being done with it. I can't wait! 

1 comment:

Heidi F said...

I swear Boston is the cutest boy!! He looked so happy and proud in those birthday pictures. Its great to be four!! Love him!