USAA got voted the number one place to work in IT for the 3rd year in a row. To celebrate they rented out Six Flags for all the IT employees and their families. It was so nice not having to wait in any lines!
Next time I go to Six Flags, I will not start with a spinning ride! Actually, I think I'll just veto all spinning rides. The tea cups were definitely not a smart choice for the first ride of the day. I can't believe I'm already getting too old for some amusement park rides! I used to be able to go on anything without feeling ill.
We were so bummed that Scott wasn't able to come and enjoy his own work party with us, but Boston and I had a good time together even though we missed Scott. (Scott was on the Open House Committee for out new church building, so he was at the church all day showing people around and talking about what we use the Sacrament room for. He's a good guy.)
We hung out with our friends, the Johnsons, most of the time.
Boston and Kennedy enjoyed going on all the kiddie rides together.
There were some balloon artists for the kids during the luncheon, so we waited in a long, SLOW line to get Boston his much anticipated balloon sword. I'm so glad we stood in the hot sun forever to get that balloon because it lasted about one minute before Boston popped it, and then he had a major meltdown. It was truly sad to see Boston's crushed little face and tears. I was crushed for him. I never knew a popped balloon could be such a devastating thing until I became a mom. I wished I could fix his balloon or get him another one, but we didn't have time to stand in the line again. Kennedy was really sweet and let Boston hold her balloon off and on the rest of the time we were there.
We went on the train ride after the balloon incident, and Boston was still trying to recover as you can see by his pitiful red face. Poor thing. He was also pretty exhausted after such a long day in the sun with no nap, and lots of overstimulation.
He eventually got over his balloon after a few more rides, and he definitely wasn't thinking about it when he got to ride a dragon! Boston loves dragons.
One of the games was giving away superhero capes to everyone that played the game. It was only $5 to play, and I thought this Batman cape was worth $5, so we played.
Boston has been wearing that Batman cape everyday since. I'm so glad we got it. I think it was the highlight of his day. We also got Scott a Superman cape, and Boston LOVES having Scott come home from work to play superheros with him.
After almost 7 hours of kiddie rides we were ready to go home. They gave everyone free tickets to come back again, so we are looking forward to going as a family this Saturday.
Congratulations USAA for being such an awesome place to work, and thanks for the fun party!


2 comments:
Wow, I am always amazed at the fun things USAA does for its employees. I'm glad you and Boston can get in on some of them too! Loved your post!
Wow, I am always amazed at the fun things USAA does for its employees. I'm glad you and Boston can get in on some of them too! Loved your post!
Post a Comment