My little sister entered the MTC on Wednesday, October 3rd. I can't believe she's really a missionary now! She'll be in the MTC learning Spanish until December 5th, and then she heads to San Jose, CA.
I didn't get to be there to see her off, but I called and talked to her that day while my family was out to lunch with her right before dropping her off. It was so weird saying good-bye on the phone and knowing that I wouldn't be able to call her up and talk anymore.
I kept thinking about her during General Conference this past weekend and wondering how she was doing in the MTC. It was killing me that I couldn't call her up and ask her all about it. I guess I'll have to get used to snail mail and email.
I just read her first email, and she is doing amazing. My mom said she feels like she's where she's supposed to be. She also mentioned in her email that she can't believe she ever considered not going on a mission. She loves her companion, and she loves the strict schedule. She likes always having something to do and always knowing what she should be doing at that time. The one thing that she's still getting used to is the early 4:30 dinner. She said she was starving at night because she's not used to eating that early. I would be starving too if I ate dinner at 4:30!
She's such a cute missionary! My mom just told me about dearelder.com. It's so cool. You can write missionaries by email from that site, and they will print it out, put it in an envelope, and deliver it to the missionaries by noon that day. I just used it for the first time right after my mom told me about it. I'll be using it quite often now!
I'm so proud of her awesome example, and I'm happy for all the people she'll bless! I still can't believe my little sister is really a missionary!








1 comment:
Aw, I miss your sister FOR you! It sounds like you guys are so close. I know what it's like to live far away from your sisters... in fact you live close to one of my sisters! You can use my sister until yours gets back :)
Post a Comment