A lady that lives near us organizes preschool field trips a couple times a month. The first field trip was to Michaels craft store to make a Halloween mask and then tour the store looking for different colors and textures.
It was nice that it happened to be at the Michaels that is about 1 mile from our house, so we just walked over there.
Boston loved his pumpkin mask.
It was a fun field trip, and we are excited for the next one to San Antonio Animal Care Service.
We also had fun one day making a bunch of Halloween crafts at home. I found some fun and easy ideas on Pinterest that I wanted to try. I love that Boston is old enough to do stuff like this now. It makes the holidays more fun.
Boston made a cotton ball ghost,
a marshmallow skull,
a paper plate pumpkin,
Notice he's wearing his Batman cape? He practically lives in it. It comes in the car with us whenever we go somewhere too, but I usually make him leave it in the car.
and a q-tip skeleton. (OK, I made that one.)
Oh, I almost forgot about the toilet paper roll Frankenstein with corn on the cob holders.
Boston's been rummaging through the Halloween bin and trying on different things that he finds in there. He's been wearing his pirate costume a lot lately. He changes his mind about what he wants to be for Halloween everyday. So far he's said he wants to be Batman, Spiderman, a bat (not Batman though, just a bat), a ghost, and a vampire. I'm sure there's at least 3 more that I'm forgetting. We've been getting Halloween books and movies at the library, so that's where he gets all his ideas. I bought a Prince Charming costume for him on clearance at Cracker Barrel a couple years ago, and now it finally fits him, so I'm hoping I can convince him to wear that to at least one Halloween celebration. It's so cute!
We've made Thursdays our stay-home day the past couple months. My goal is to not drive anywhere on Thursdays. It's been really nice to have a day where we don't have to be anywhere at a certain time and to find fun things to do around the house. I'm glad I decided to make it a goal to not drive anywhere on Thursdays because it's becoming one of my favorite days of the week.



3 comments:
Such cute crafts for Boston!
Boston is getting so big! We can't wait to see him again. Those are the cutest crafts. What a good mommy you are!
Great craft ideas! You need to share them with me. I'm so bad in that category!
Post a Comment