Saturday, December 17, 2011

USAA Christmas Parties

I was waiting until I got some pictures from Scott to blog about the USAA Christmas party, but I guess you have to pay for them, so the pictures we have will do. We couldn't take our camera in because professional cameras weren't allowed, so we just have one picture before the party and a couple blurry phone pictures at the party. 


This is at our good friends, the Reeve's house before the party. They were so nice to watch Boston and take him to our ward Christmas party with them. When we found out the USAA Christmas party was the same night as our ward Christmas party, we thought there was no way we were going to find anyone to watch Boston. We're so grateful for good friends in Texas!


I had heard lots of good things about the USAA Christmas party, and I knew it was going to be big, but I was still shocked when I walked into the Alamo Dome and saw the amazing decorations everywhere. We hadn't even done anything yet and I was already having the best night ever because of how awesome everything looked. They do different themes every year, and this year it was Viva Las Vegas, so all the decorations made it look like you were walking down The Strip. 


The entertainment was awesome, but let's be honest, the food was the highlight of mine and Scott's night. We like good food. They had salad, an array of veggies, mashed potatoes, beef, and the best turkey I've ever had. Then there was the dessert. So many choices I didn't know what to do with myself except go back to that dessert buffet about 3 different times throughout the night. 


For the entertainment they had Zuma Zuma (the African acrobatic men from America's Got Talent), the illusionist Reza, and a concert by Huey Lewis and the News. They also had Vegas type games like Black Jack and Roulette where you could win tickets to enter a drawing for prizes, and slot machines with fake money. Then there were different things going on throughout the Alamo Dome in different rooms like karaoke and piano dueling so you could just wander around and pick different things to do. 


I was really, really impressed by how well USAA treats their employees. We are so grateful to work for such a good company. 


As if that amazing adult party wasn't enough, they put on another big Christmas party the next Saturday just for the kids. Scott was actually out of town though, so I went with our friends that work there. 

Zak got to carry these two around all day and get a taste of what it would be like to have twins. He also got a good workout. Boston made Zak hold him and wouldn't come to me very much. He really likes Zak. 


The first activity at the kid's Christmas party is always a play. This year it was called "Snowman in Texas."


They gave the kids a goody bag that included tickets to play a variety of games and win prizes. 


Boston was pretty happy with his candy cane balloon. 


He was at a fun age this year for this party because he was actually really good at all the games he played. I was impressed with his aim and his ability to hit and knock down tin cans with a bean bag. His dad would have been proud if he was there. (He was at the Army vs. Navy football game in D.C. for "work". It really was for work though. I'm going to make him blog about it since I wasn't there.)



We ended the party with a trip to the cotton candy table. Boston's first taste of cotton candy. Pure sugar, of course he was a fan. (Oh, and the little snowmen they are holding up is for a drawing we were supposed to enter but never did. We were supposed to take pictures of them with their snowmen in certain places and then email them to enter them into a drawing for prizes.)

Thank you USAA for two really fun Saturdays. I already liked them, but now I really like them. I am already excited for the Christmas party next year. 

No comments: