A couple Saturdays ago Scott and I thought it would be fun to make gingerbread houses with Boston.
Boston thought it would be fun to let his parents to the gingerbread house making so he could take advantage of their distractedness and shovel unknown amounts of candy and frosting into his mouth.
Here's Scott's house. It reminds me of a Whoville house.
Here's my house. It tasted really good, so it didn't look this cute for very long. :)
Maybe next year Boston will join in on the actual house making, but we all had a good time, and that was the ultimate goal. He hasn't been eating chocolate has he? I don't see any evidence of that, do you?
The Monday before Christmas it finally stopped raining long enough for us to spend Family Night walking around the Riverwalk to see the lights. It was almost 70 degrees this night, but Boston insisted on wearing his hat, gloves, and scarf because they were, "So tute (cute)." He says that because whenever he puts them on I say, "Awe, you look so cute!"
He's our little GQ. He loves being the center of attention at all times which means he loves getting his picture taken.
Not nearly as pretty as Temple Square, and they didn't have all the lights on this night, but at least we could still feel our toes when we were done.
We had fun walking around and we ended the night with a trip to the food court for fro yo and ice-cream.
We went back to the Riverwalk the following Saturday with our upstairs neighbors who are in our ward for a nice Christmas Eve dinner at Q. It was a fancy BBQ restaurant at a hotel (the same hotel where the Heisman trophy winner is staying for the Independence Bowl Game.) Cool huh? We didn't see him, but we saw some other football players roaming around.
Boston enjoyed his kid's meal, and we really enjoyed our meals too!
Scott got short ribs with Korean sauce, salad, and Mac N Jack.
I was so excited to eat, I almost dropped my plate trying to get a picture of it.
I decided to try something new and different than anything I've ever had before, and I LOVED it. It's always scary for me to try something new because I'm kind of picky, but I'm getting less and less picky, and I'm really enjoying expanding my menu options. :) I got Pad Thai with rice noodles and tofu. That was my first time ever eating tofu minus the one culture night at Young Women's a long time ago, but I spit that back out, so I don't think that counted. I really like tofu! I'm going to have to start buying it every now and then.
It was actually cold this night. It was only in the 40's, which is freezing for us Texans. I liked it though. It made it feel more like Christmas.
They had a lot more lights on this night. I loved the cute little bridge. :)
My favorite picture from the night. We got lucky with everyone looking at the camera and smiling! Thank goodness we have such a fast camera because I guarantee Boston didn't sit there like that for more than two seconds.
This pretty picture is compliments of Scott. One of my New Year's resolutions is going to be to learn how to better use our camera! I love pretty pictures. This looks like a Texas postcard huh?
After the Riverwalk we came home and let Boston open one present. We want to start the tradition of letting our kids open a pair of pj's and a new bedtime book on Christmas Eve.
We had a great Christmas Eve!








No comments:
Post a Comment