Sunday, November 7, 2010

Experiencing the Other Side of the Race


I'm really behind on my blogging, but about 3 Saturdays ago we got to go to New Braunfels, a cute little town just outside of San Antonio, and cheer for my friend Stacie in her first half marathon! She did awesome, and Boston had fun clapping.



It rained off and on, but overall it was a perfect day for racing, playing at the park, and taking a little train ride.



It was really fun to experience the other side of racing and be cheering on the ones in pain rather than being in pain! I also gained a new appreciation for everyone that has come to watch me race. I love running, so I really enjoyed watching the race, but I can see how it would be a sacrifice for my family and friends to come to my races, so thanks everyone that has ever come to support me in a race!



All done and still smiling! Good job Stacie!



Almost there! (Sorry the pics are out of order)





Stacie and Kylie (Boston's best friend).



They had a bounce house at the race that Boston thought was pretty awesome. Can you tell?






Scott got some sweet shots of Boston on the swings at the park we went to after the race. Boston is so full of energy and personality. I love it.





By the look on his face you would think he'd never been on a swing before! He is such a happy kid (Most of the time. When he gets mad watch out. Like I've said before, every action has it's equal and opposite reaction.)



Hmm. I don't think this teeter-totter ride is going to work very well.



He still thought it was pretty cool that I got on it with him. He doesn't mind being stuck in the up position.







The park in New Braunfels was so cute. It had a little train ride that went around the park, and Boston and Kylie loved it.



What a stud.



Trying to entertain ourselves while we wait for the train ride to start.




I was being attacked by Boston's overly enthusiastic hugs and kisses.



I love this picture. It's a good thing he's so sweet and adorable because sometimes he drives me crazy.



Time to go home for nap time! It was a fun day!

I'll get caught up on the Halloween pictures sometime before Thanksgiving I hope!

6 comments:

Reeve family said...

Thanks for coming to watch and cheer me on! That was a good idea of yours to go to the park and train after!

Heidi F said...

Loved the pictures and starting to catch up on all you have been doing. I know you are busy. We miss hearing from you. Loved the sweet picture of Boston on the swing. He is the cutest thing ever!

Kim said...

I miss your posts! I miss seeing you and Boston and Scott. What a fun time at the park! YOu guys got some great pictures of Boston. He is so cute! I love his spikey hair. Cannot wait to see you guys at Christmas!!!

Ben, Ashley, and Nate said...

What great pics! My cousin is actually on his mission in New Braunfels right now. Hope you guys are doing well!

Jill said...

he's so adorable...you guys are such a cute family...can't wait to see you next month!!!!

Jaylynn said...

So cute!! I love the picture of Boston on the swing!