I officially started training for the St. George Marathon today. That means looong Saturday runs, and a looong time to think to myself.
These are a few of my RanDoM thoughts that went through my head on my run today. Someday I might wonder to myself, "What did I do to keep myself occupied on all those long runs?" Well, I had lots of time to think about lots of random things. Therefore, this post.
-I love the mountains. They smell so good. I'm so grateful that we live right by Provo Canyon so I can run there whenever I want. I am going to be so sad when we move away from this canyon.
-Someday I am going to be able to play all the hymns in the hymn book on the piano.
-Good music makes all the difference on long runs.
-What if I dropped my car key that I'm carrying in my hand and I didn't even notice? How would I get home? I would have to call Scott to come get me. But what if Scott didn't answer his phone? I would have to call someone else. And what if I didn't have my cell phone with me? I only have a total of TWO phone numbers memorized! (Scott's and my parent's home phone.) How sad is that? I'm pretty sure that I had at least five times that many phone numbers memorized when I was seven years old. That's the curse of the cell phone. They have handicapped our memories. I don't need to store phone numbers, or practically anything else in my head anymore because my cell phone does it for me. What if I was in an emergency without my cell phone and needed to call someone!? I think I better work on memorizing some phone numbers when I get home! (see what I mean by random thoughts? It's like a chain reaction. Anything to keep your mind off the pains of the run.)
-Someday I'm going to run the Boston Marathon again. I can't wait.
-I'm nervous for the St. George Marathon coming up in just two months. Marathons hurt, but for some reason I can't stop signing up for them.
-I'm excited to finish the St. George marathon. Finishing a marathon is the best feeling. Maybe that's why I keep signing up for them.
-Someday I am going to be a certified physical therapist assistant.
-I can't wait to get home so I can eat some watermelon.
-Is it harder to wake up REALLY early on a Saturday morning, or to wake up kind of early on a Saturday morning but have to finish my run in the heat? That's a tough one. I think I need to get up earlier though. I was jealous of all the runners already on their way down the canyon when I was just starting my run. I can't be a marathon runner unless I'm willing to make the sacrifice of getting up hours before the sun comes up on a Saturday morning.
-I wish that drinking fountain up the canyon with the best tasting water in the world was at the very end of my run so I could guzzle as much of it as I wanted. (If you have ever run up Provo Canyon you probably know which water fountain I'm talking about. It is seriously the best tasting water in the world. Sometimes I bring a water bottle just to fill up at that fountain.)
-Why does the last mile of my run always seem so hard no matter how far I run? Mile 6 on a fifteen mile run is a piece of cake, but mile 6 on a 6 mile run is so hard. I guess that just proves how much of running is ALL IN YOUR HEAD.
-It's so hard to have positive thoughts toward the end of a run, but just think how much better I could run if I could just keep thinking positive. It's harder than it sounds. Trust me.
-I really really want to be done with this run so I can drink that gatorade in my car.
-Just keep going. Just keep going. Just keep going. Almost done. Almost done.
-This is a really long run, but on Oct.3 it's going to be A LOT LONGER. Yikes.
-AH! Yes. I'm finally done. I think that was the fastest I've ever drank an entire bottle of gatorade in my life. I want some more now. I feel good now. Oh yeah, that's why I like to run.
6 comments:
Cute cute cute post Andi. I loved it. I totally agree with you on the last mile is the hardest thing. Crazy mental stuff! Brandon did an 18 miler this morning. He felt good but right now he's asleep. Crashed! Keep running! I'm proud of you!
What? You don't think of me during your runs? :)
Great post. That's why I don't run. I don't have good music and I don't stay positive. You are the master runner! I did run a mile the other day and the whole time I was thinking how grateful I was that I could run a mile and that I was healthy - what a blessing! That totally made it easier. I still haven't figured out how you run 26 miles. You are amazing!!!!!!!
Hilarious. I loved your thoughts. I just love your posts. Your blog is one of my fav's...and I read a TON.
Anyways, you are amazing too. I wish I had your will power and dedication to running. It is such a mind thing and I just can't conquer it. I'm a weakling. You're awesome!!
I love your new picture at the top!! Ya'll are adorable!
Andrea, I can't imagine running like you. To answer your question, I am somewhat into distance running, but nothing like you! I ran the Logan half last year, and am doing it again this year. I totally know what you mean about which is harder--getting up earlier or running in the heat! On Saturday I slept in so I ran my 8 miles on my treadmill! That was rough, but it works. Good luck training for St. George.
Post a Comment