My photoshop class is over now. I'm sad it's over. I would get so excited everyday to see what the lesson was going to be. I guess I am having some school withdrawals or something. I never really realized how much I liked school until I wasn't in it anymore. Since it was a self-paced class and all of the tutorials were online, I still have one project left that I need to do. I got a little photoshopped-out for awhile. I spent too much time on it and got kind of sick of it.
This is one of my favorite projects that I have made. I want to find a long skinny frame and print this one out.

Last weekend we had a fun dutch oven cook-out with my Aunt Karla and some of her friends. It was delicious! Scott brought his guitar and serenaded us with a few songs, and my aunt's friend brought his harmonica and played a few songs for us as well around the campfire. We had a lot of fun, and we were even entertained with a bull fight!
Scott took a bunch of pictures of Boston's cute facial expressions while we were in Payson Canyon. I adore this little face SO MUCH! I can barely stand it.

My aunt is an amazing dutch oven cook. We had pork and yams, corn bread, vegetables, and apple crisp all cooked in the four dutch ovens that she owns. My family is really big into camping and outdoorsy stuff. Thanks for inviting us Karla. We had a lot of fun and the food was SO GOOD!
I was reading the Alchemist. I just finished it and highly recommend it if you are looking for a good book. It was very inspirational, and a fun book to read.
Here is the bull fight I mentioned. Cool huh? They were trying to impress the ladies and see who was the strongest.
Boston is growing up so fast! He loves to feed himself bottles, and he now likes rice cereal! It just took about three tries for him to get used to it, but now he opens his mouth when he sees the spoon coming. I didn't end up having to put juice in it either. I think he just needed to get used to the texture. I also gave him his first taste of applesauce today. He made a weird face at first, but he kept opening his mouth for more. I like feeding Boston real food. It's so fun to see his reactions.
We are still having fun going to Seven Peaks about once a week. Boston is starting to splash in the water a little bit more, but I think he's still a little too young to really know what's going on. He usually just has a look of concentration on his face while we are there. I have been going with my old roommate Maija-Liisa to the pool most of the time. She is going to have a baby girl anyday now. We thought last week was our last week going to the pool, but baby Ava didn't come yet, so we went yesterday too. She is already 100% effaced and dialted to a 3, so the past two times we went to the pool I was a little worried that I would be driving her to the hospital! She is so brave to keep being so active and going to the pool. I've had a lot of fun hanging out with her this summer, and I'm so excited for her to become a mom!
Boston had fun today playing with my friend Misty's baby. Misty and I have become good friends this summer from running together in the mornings.
Here are some cute pictures of Boston and Zuri playing.
I LOVE this picture! Two cute big-blue-eyed babes.
Boston kept giving Zuri big cheesy smiles. It was adorable. I think he's going to be a friendly little guy.
Just chillin
I put Baby Einstein on for them on Scott's laptop. Boston was thrilled. He hasn't watched Baby Einstein for a long time because our TV is dead. It's actually kind of nice not having a TV. Scott and I played Yatzee the other night and it was really fun. I'm almost positive we wouldn't have done that if our TV was working.
We are lovin the summer and can't believe it's over in less than a month! Scott starts his LAST YEAR of school at the end of this month! Scott is really enjoying his job at Orange Soda and they are really enjoying having him! He's such a good hard worker! We have a lot of big decisions to make this year about what to do next when Scott graduates, where to live, where to work etc.
3 comments:
Wow, Boston is growing and changing daily now. Holding his own bottle, eating food, sitting up, scooting, etc etc. How fun is that? Your pictures of him are adorable. He is such a precious baby and you are a wonderful mother.
The dutch oven cooking sounded awesome! You'll have to share the recipes sometime.
Great updates!! I can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks!!
Fun update. Your posts are always so cute!
Post a Comment