Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Las Vegas Bowl

Scott and I LOVED our little vacation to Vegas despite BYU's less than impressive performance at the game. I sat by myself for the first half of the game while Scott filmed. I'm sure the people around me and walking by were wondering why I came to the Bowl game by myself. I sat on the bench in the one of the back rows right in front of the platform where Scott was filming and no one else was even sitting close to me, so I couldn't even pretend like I was with anyone. Ha Ha. It was kind of funny. But I got to sit by Scott during the second half of the game. That was fun. I have only been able to sit by Scott for during a football game twice in my life because he is always filming them.

Here is Scott on his platform filming the game.

Funny story.... The day before the game Scott and I were walking through the hotel to one of the rooms that the football players hang out in. Scott was wearing some of the BYU issue clothes they give to the football players. Two guys holding footballs asked Scott if he would sign their footballs for them. Just as I was about to say "He's not a palyer." Scott said "Sure I'll sign your footballs." He actually signed them too. I thought that was pretty funny. When we walked by again I think they were trying to figure out what number Scott Fitzgerald was.


Our favorite place to eat was at La Creperie in the Paris Hotel. If you ever go to Vegas you have to try the crepes at this place!


We saw this guy while we were walking down the strip to the movie theatre. It was crazy how far he could lean in every direction! He looked so fake!

Whitney came and picked me up from the hotel one of the days while Scott was at football practice. We had fun going out to lunch and hanging out at her house with baby Kate. She is such a happy baby as you can see by this picture. I was holding her and I started laughing at Phil and Whitney's fart machine white elephant present and Kate would have a laugh attack every time I laughed. It was so cute! Scott and I also got to hang out with Phil and Whitney Friday night and play Buzz on their PS3.


The Air Force cadets brought out this flag that covered the entire football field before the game and we listened to the National Anthem sung by David Hasselhoff.

Scott and I enjoyed this vacation even more knowing that it was our last one together before the baby is born. Only 7 more weeks! We are so excited! We had fun scoring SWEET deals at the outlets and finishing our Christmas shopping, relaxing in the nice hotel with a flat screen TV, going to the movies, eating out, and listening to good music together on our car ride home.


5 comments:

Jill said...

How fun!!!!!! Whitney's baby is adorable. That is hilarious that Scott signed those footballs. I am dying laughing. Sounds like it was a great get away. I want some crepes now!!!!!!

Kim said...

Wow, that was a FUN trip for you guys!! Loved to hear all you did. Kate is so so cute! Scott is funny too. Can't wait to see you guys TODAY!!

Heidi F said...

What a fantastic paid for vacation after a semester of hard work. It sounds like you had a great time lounging, shopping and visiting. It was fun to see cute baby Kate and to hear the funny stories. Thanks for sharing the pictures. The crepes sounded delicious.

Jaylynn said...

sounds like such a fun trip and baby Kate is a doll! It was fun to see you over christmas! I know you want to be done with your pregnancy but you're such a CUTE pregnant girl!!!

Kate said...

Looks like a fun trip and great Christmas! Nice relaxing breaks. Hope things are going well for you guys!