A few moms in our neighborhood got together a couple times a week to do some 5K training with our kids this Summer. Boston and I only made it a few times, but we really enjoyed those times that we made it! We did a run/walk routine with the kids around the soccer fields, and then we ended with a little strength training. We found it a little hard to be ready to get out the door by 7:00AM in the Summer, so some of our training was on our own on the treadmill.
Boston was so excited for his 5K, and he really wanted a medal!!
I ran with him the whole way while Scott pushed Brody in the stroller. I was really impressed by how deep he dug to keep going. I encouraged him along the way to think positively. Whenever he would whimper or start to say he couldn't, I made him say "Boston's strong!!" Towards the end we were picking small points to run to, and then I would dump water on his head. It was a very hot and humid race, and there were some hills to climb too!
Boston did amazing! He ran the whole 3.1 miles, and even gave everything he had to sprint at the end! He finished 2nd in the 9 and under category to earn his medal!! His time was 33 minutes, which is fantastic! Probably faster than me when I was 11. Go Boston!! I was SO proud of him!! It was definitely one of my favorite mom moments to run that whole race with him and see him dig deep and push himself.




















1 comment:
Go Boston! That is a fast time!!! He takes after his mom!
Post a Comment