Saturday, July 18, 2015

Picture Catch Up Part 1

I have a lot of pictures that I haven't posted from months ago, so I'll do a quick catch-up!


Back when I was in the thick of marathon training, I'd wheel Brody's high chair next to my treadmill and he would eat his breakfast (and throw food at me) while I ran. 


I would get up early and have the tray all ready to go so I could squeeze my run in before we had to leave to go teach water aerobics. Sometimes I would start my run before he woke up, and watch his baby monitor. Then when he woke up, I'd run upstairs and grab him, and then let him eat while I finished my run. Mornings were crazy fitting in all my runs between getting Boston to school and teaching water aerobics. I had to really plan everything out in advance and not waste a second. 


One day I ran14 miles on the treadmill, the farthest I've ever run on a treadmill. It was raining the day of my scheduled long run, but I was grateful I had Friends on Netflix to keep me entertained. 


Towards the end of March this year, I ran my first mile under 6 minutes. I'd tried to do that at least two other times in my life and barely missed it both times, so it was really fun to finally get it! When I first joined the We Run San Antonio running group when Brody was 9 weeks old, we ran a mile time trial that day. I remember my time was about 7:30, so I was able to improve my mile time by over a minute and a half with a year of training hard. 


Scott and Boston had a blast sleeping on our tramp one night and watching Treasure Planet on the iPad. 


I saw a coral snake on my last 20 mile run before the Ogden marathon I ran in May. This is the third time I've seen a coral snake in San Antonio. They are very poisonous. I'm glad I was running with a group this day because this snake was right on our trail and I didn't even see it at first. They all stopped and I was wondering why until they pointed this guy out that was smack dab in the middle of our running trail. 


Brody was looking like such a big boy at church sitting in the chair all by himself with his bow tie and suspenders. 


We are enjoying taking a break from Sea World passes this year to spend more time at our pool. 


We really love our neighborhood pool! It's so nice to have that entertainment option within minutes of our house for the Summer. 



Boston and Scott looked pretty cool in their matching hats for the Father-and-sons campout! 


Brody was all ready for some fun in the sun at the USAA Spring Fest! 




We love all the fun and nice things USAA does for their employees. 


I took Brody to his first day of music class. 


He's a little young still, but that's how old Boston was when I started him. It brought back good memories of when I would do stuff like this with Boston. I was sad when Boston went to Kindergarten and Brody was too young for all the mommy-and-me stuff I used to do with Boston. I can't believe Brody's already old enough for me to start doing all those things again! 



I love it when these two play together. 


Brody helped himself into the chair at the library. 


Boston being silly. 


The crazy bruise I got on my leg from physical therapy. I was having some troubles with my IT band, and what not, especially towards the end of my marathon training. 




Scott got to play in the USAA corporate cup because his team won the playoffs at USAA. 




They ended up winning the corporate cup too! I'll have to find that picture and post it! 


I took Brody on a bike ride at O.P. Scannable park the week after my marathon. After running and training for two marathons in a row, I was really excited to do some cross training. 

Brody was pretty excited about all the deer that were hanging out in the parking lot when we pulled up for our bike ride. 



Sometimes Brody likes to sit in the fridge and eat, literally. It's kind of funny. 


Boston is a great big brother. 


He's very helpful most of the time and puts up with a lot. 



I love pretty salads. :) 



That's all the random pictures for now! More coming soon! 

No comments: