Saturday, July 11, 2015

Kindergarten is in the books!


Boston had a great Kindergarten year! He really enjoyed his friends, his teacher, and all the fun things he learned. 


Scott was able to get off work early to come watch the little end of the year ceremony where each student received and award. 


Boston was so excited when he spotted Scott and I in the audience, and he was grinning from ear to ear. 





Boston received the music award! Scott and I were a little surprised by that, but now that we think about it, he really has always loved music! I asked him if he wanted to do some type of music lessons, and he said yes. The drums. Of course. :)



It's been so fun to watch Boston grow in his reading abilities. I also loved watching him obey and thrive on all the structure at school. He loved the color behavior chart system and always told me when he moved up to blue and purple, the best two colors. 


I thought we might have some hard mornings with complaints about not wanting to go to school, but he never did!! I was shocked. Sometimes he moved a little slower than I wanted him to, but he never told me he didn't want to go.


I'm so grateful he had a fun teacher and a good experience at school! I love living in walking distance from the school too. Brody and I enjoyed our walks to and from the school to get Boston. 




I can't believe we have a 1st grader! I hope he enjoys 1st grade just as much as Kindergarten! We're really proud of Boston and his good attitude towards school! 

No comments: