Friday, January 30, 2015

Happy First Birthday to Our Sweet Brody!


I'm so glad I took a picture of Brody each month because the first year always goes by way too fast! I want to reach into this picture and squeeze Brody at every age again, especially his cheeks at 2 months and his thigh rolls at 5 months! The first picture in the collage is Brody at one week, and then the pictures were taken each month until 11 months. I'm going to make a new collage that includes his 12 months picture too. I have a canvas of Boston at every month next to a missionary lion, and I'm excited to get Brody's collage printed on a canvas too! 


This picture was taken after his first haircut. We just trimmed the sides and a little off the top one day while he was in the bath. 


At 12 months, Brody sleeps from about 7PM-7AM at night, and he's down to one 2-3 hour nap a day from about 12-2. When he's tired and ready to sleep, we give him his binky, lay him in his crib, and he goes to sleep! He's not walking yet, but he can stand for a few seconds, and he's taken a couple steps, so I'm sure he'll be walking any day now! His first words are uh-oh, wow, hi, mama, dada, and Boston! Boston was pretty proud to teach Brody his name! You have to use your imagination a little to actually hear the word Boston, but he tries to say it! He's normally very calm and chill, but has his moments where he gets really hyper and excited. His hyper moments are when daddy comes home from work, when I pick him up at the gym after teaching a class, and after he takes a bath. I was worried Boston would get jealous of his brother, but I think Brody is the one who gets more jealous. When I sit down to read with Boston, Brody has a fit. He even tries to bite Boston. Most of the time I just have to let Brody scream so Boston can practice his reading. It's pretty humorous actually. I tell Boston to ignore the fact that Brody is crying and trying to bite him, and just focus on his reading. Boston does his best to ignore it, and we get a little reading in. Good thing Scott practices with him before he puts him to bed though! 


12 month Stats: 
Height: 28.5 in. (8%) I know, I can't believe it either! 
Weight: 21.4 lbs. (52%)
Head: 17.6 in. (16%)


We did a ball themed birthday party for Brody because his favorite thing to play with right now is any kind of ball. He's really good at playing pass too! 


His presents from us were a soccer ball, a swimming hat, and some sunglasses. From his grandparents he got a quiet book for church, a Noah's Ark book, his own sports bath towel, and a floatie for the pool with a shade cover. We are getting ready to live at the pool again in a couple months when it's too hot to do anything else!


We made a soccer field cake for him in the shape of a one. I also made Brody his own little personal cake to destroy. 


We kept his party really simple and invited a few friends over after church to have cake and ice-cream with us. We wish our family could have celebrated with us, but we were grateful for our friends that came to help us celebrate. 



This is my new favorite picture of Brody and I. He is such a sweetheart. 



He's showing his mouth full of teeth with his cute smile. He has four on top and two on bottom. I remember Boston barely had two teeth coming up on the bottom when he was one. 



I love this one too! 



Brody didn't destroy his cake, but he picked at it curiously, and enjoyed it slowly. 








Brody hadn't eaten lunch before I gave him the cake because he had just woken up from a nap, so I took his cake away and gave him some pears. I expected him to be mad, but he was just as happy with the pears! 




We kept Brody's gifts really simple because we know all a one year old really wants is balloons and wrapping paper! 









Brody brought a little piece of heaven with him when he came to our home, and we feel so blessed everyday to have him. He is a cuddly, sweet, happy, and easy baby. Happy first birthday little Bro! We love you to death! 

No comments: