Saturday, January 17, 2015

Brody's First Christmas!




We had a fun and memorable Christmas this year for Brody's first Christmas! 


It was just our little family at home, and it was a nice, relaxing, and fun day. Boston woke up around 7:30, and Brody ended up sleeping in until about 8:00. I love that our kids are still young enough to "sleep-in" on Christmas. I'm sure they'll be waking up at 5:00AM before we know it. I wanted us to all go downstairs together, so I colored with Boston in our room until Brody woke up. 


Boston was surprisingly patient waiting for Brody to wake up, and then we all went downstairs together. 


We had fun opening our stockings and a few presents, and then we took a break for some yummy breakfast made by Scott. 


Scott had gone to the grocery store and bought all the ingredients for crepes, one of my favorite foods. They were so good! He's awesome! We put vanilla yogurt, berries, and cool whip in them. We decided our new traditional Christmas breakfast will be crepes. 


Boston was surprised with a new bike from his Grandpa "Skip." He's still working on learning to ride with no training wheels, but hopefully he'll get the hang of it soon.


Brody got some sippy cups and bath toys. He loves taking baths, but he's still trying to get used to using a sippy cup. 


We slowly opened presents and skyped with family throughout the day. We stayed in our pjs all day, and we took naps while Brody napped. Boston watched his new movie, How to Train Your Dragon 2 while Scott and I were napping. It was so fun to lounge around the house all day.  




Boston got his army tanks that he asked Santa for. 


He also got some new legos. 


Brody likes Boston's ball. I think he plays with it more than Boston does. 


He's very good at playing pass. 


We had fun playing with all the new toys and games throughout the day! Boston got the game Trouble, and Jenga. He loves playing both of those games. We like adding at least one game we can play together as a family each Christmas. 


The yearly Christmas ornaments are one of my favorite presents to pick out and open. I love decorating the tree and looking at all the ornaments that bring back memories from the years past. 


Brody's first ornament was a little foot that says, "Wished for, Hoped for, Prayed for." 


I gave Scott a camping ornament with our family's names on it. We got to take a really fun camping trip in the mountains this year while we were in Utah, and it was Brody's very first camping trip. I guess he'd been on an overnighter in Texas as well, but our trip in Utah was his first real camping trip. I also wanted an ornament with our family's names on it since we added a new member to our family this year. 


I ended up getting Boston two ornaments. One was a baseball player for is first season of playing baseball, and the other was a school boy for his first day of school. Scott gave me the road runner for my 10th marathon. 









Scott got lots of clothes and shoes. 

It was a great Christmas! I loved spending the day at home in out pjs, and being able to Skype with family throughout the day! 

No comments: