Just a few more weeks until my little baby turns one! He's starting to look and act like a toddler! I'm sad he's not my little cuddly baby anymore, but I love seeing him learn new things. He figured out how to climb the stairs and it's his new favorite game. He rushes over to the stairs as fast as he can, then he turns around to see if I'm following him. He likes to be "chased" up the stairs. He'll motion with his hand for me to follow him when he wants me to chase him up the stairs.
I can tell he is so proud of himself once he gets all the way to the top of the stairs. I keep the couch positioned so he can't get up the stairs when I'm not willing to chase him, but anytime I need to go upstairs I try to let him climb them himself while I follow him because he loves doing it.
He is super fast too! If I turn around for less than a minute, there's a good chance he's already half way up the stairs. He's not walking yet, but he sure can crawl fast.
Brody is also learning to mimic us more and it's really cute. He tries to repeat words that we say to him, and the first one he mastered is UH-OH! He'll repeat it if you say it to him, and sometimes he'll just say it over and over again just because he wants to. He also repeats Da-Da, but is still working on mastering Ma-Ma. He loves to wave to people and say hi, and now he loves to motion "come here" to me when he wants me to follow him.
I'm glad we only have one more month of his fox pictures because it's pretty much impossible to get a picture of him sitting next to his fox now. He's active and on the move, and he's fast!
I tried over and over on his 11 month birthday (Dec. 11) to get a decent picture next to his fox, but finally gave up and decided to try again the next day.
A couple new foods that Brody has had are string cheese, almond butter and jelly sandwich, and scrambled eggs. He loved them all, and this kid can eat a lot!
He loves to sit in his high chair and feed himself.
He is still nursing 3 times a day, morning, afternoon, and before bed, and the rest of his diet is different finger foods like cut up fruit, pieces of bread, eggs, cheerios, and cheese. He also loves baby oatmeal, and applesauce.
His eyes are now bluish brown. They are definitely not as blue as Boston's. They have gradually gotten darker as he's gotten older, and they might still be changing. So we'll see is they stay hazel, or go dark brown!
Day two of trying to get a fox picture for his collage went a little better because I actually got one after taking about 30 or so pictures!
He thinks it's really funny to move the second I sit him down. It was quite the game to him!
He's had some major teeth growth in the past month! This picture shows his top right front tooth coming in really well.
Here's a shot of his bottom two teeth and the beginning of a couple more on the top.
We love our sweet little Brody who is also developing a feisty side now, especially when it comes to his brother. It's pretty funny how Brody will yell and try to push Boston if he tries to take something from him that he wants. He's always been too young to care, but he's starting to care now! If he doesn't get his way, he'll let you know! He can really yell and growl. Can't wait to see more and more of his cute personality develop. I was kind of dreading the toddler years because I remember how hard they can be, but now that I'm entering them, I'm also remembering how fun they are too.









No comments:
Post a Comment