Tummy time. Brody can hold his head up really well now, but he only likes to be on his stomach for a few minutes before he gets fussy.
I was sad that I had to throw away all my extra milk storage because it was 3 months old. It was nice to know there was plenty of milk in the freezer in case Scott ever needed it when I wasn't home. I don't know why it was so sad for me to throw it away, but it was, so I took a picture after I had thawed it out right before I washed it down the drain. I'm not sure if I'm just a little weird, or if other moms have a hard time getting rid of their extra milk too. I wished I could have given it to someone who needed it, but I asked a neonatal nurse in my ward, and she said the hospitals can't take it, and I didn't know who else to give it to.
Boston learned how to peel corn on the cob at the library of all places. During Thanksgiving week, one of the activities at library time was peeling corn on the cob. Boston loved it, so I put him to work the next time we had corn on the cob for dinner.
I'm so glad he enjoys it because I don't. He's such a good helper.
I took the boys to the pool for the first time one night while Scott was at Young Mens. I thought it was still too cold, but Boston was begging me to take him.
Boston braved the cold water though and had a blast.
He's doing really well with his swimming, but I'm excited for him to start swimming lessons this week.
Brody hasn't been in the water yet, but he just loves being outside and watching from the sidelines.
I used the good ol' John Deere to take Brody running outside for the first time one day while Boston was at preschool. I didn't feel like running on the treadmill. My first run outside with Brody was miserably hot, hilly, and I had a flat tire on the stroller the entire way that I could't fix. It was a tough run for me, but Brody enjoyed his nap.
I loved my Easter lilies from Scott.
All worn out from another trip to the pool one day.
I love dressing Brody like a little man for church on Sundays. He's so calm and handsome, I can't help taking pictures of him on my phone while I'm getting ready.
Boston had fun at his gymnastics preschool once a week the past couple months. He only has 3 times left to go before he's done for the Summer.
Cute smile for mom when I was picking Brody up from the gym daycare one day. Even though I'm only gone for an hour, I'm always in such a hurry to get back to him. It's hard to leave his cute face, and I feel bad knowing that he'd rather be home napping in his crib.
He just chills in his stroller most of the time while I teach water aerobics. Sometimes he naps a little, but he's pretty picky about his sleeping quarters. He only takes cat naps unless he's swaddled in his bassinet with the bathroom fan on for white noise, and then he'll sleep a good 3+ hours.
Brody runs errands with me after the gym sometimes on Tuesdays while Boston's at preschool. He helped me pick out a birthday present for one of Boston's friends.
I had to take a picture of the salad I had for lunch one day because it was so, so good. Cabbage, spinach, fresh pineapple, avocado, shredded carrots, cilantro, slivered almonds, and a homemade ginger sesame dressing. We had something similar the night before for dinner with grilled chicken, and Scott said it was his new favorite salad. Here's the recipe link in case the three people that still read my blog want to try it. http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/ginger-sesame-chicken-salad/ You will love it!
Random bath pictures. Squeaky clean kids are almost as cute as sleeping kids.
Ha ha. This picture makes me laugh:)
Post track workout picture one day. I wanted to take a picture of the track, but I had left my phone in the car, so I took one of sweaty me instead when I got back. I've been enjoying being able to run with the We Run group at the track every Tuesday evening while Scott watches the boys. Tuesdays and Saturdays are my kid free outdoor runs (unless Scott is camping with the Scouts), and I really look forward to my outdoor kid free runs! It's been hot, and hard, but I'm trying my best to get back into good running shape. I would like to do well and enjoy the marathon I signed up for this October. It makes me so happy to be marathon training again. I missed it so much when I was taking a break from it, and also when I was pregnant.
I think it's so cute when Brody sucks his thumb. I know it can turn into a bad habit, but I'm not too worried about it. He only does it every once in awhile. We'll just have to wait and see if he starts doing it too often, but for now I think I'll let him enjoy his little thumb.
Even when his arms were velcroed to his side in his swaddle blanket, he still managed to wiggle his little thumb to his mouth.
I love that Boston is really into being creative with his drawing. He always has a story to tell to go along with his interesting pictures.
One of the stations at library time is always a craft. Boston used to skip right over that station and go looking for an active station, but recently he has been going straight to the craft station.
I've been feeling sad lately thinking about the fact that this is my last time taking Boston to library time because he's going to be in Kindergarten this year. We've been doing library time once a week for four years together. I'm going to miss it. I know I'll get to do it again with Brody, but he won't be old enough to go for about 2 more years. I'm so grateful for all the fun activities like music class and library time that I've been able to do with Boston since we moved to San Antonio, and I'm going to miss my little buddy so much when he goes to Kindergarten. I really thought about homeschooling him for Kindergarten since Kindergarten is ALL day here, but we decided that he is really excited to feel some independence and go to Kindergarten, so we will let him experience that independence this year. I think he'll have fun in Kindergarten, but it still kind of tears at my heartstrings every time I think about him being gone so long every day. Five year olds should not have to go to school from 7:45-2:45. :(
We had family night at the pool one night. Scott was bummed when we went without him while he was at Young Mens, so we went again after dinner the following Monday. I don't like to get in the water very often, so I'm glad I have an excuse to sit on the sidelines. :)
Just a few more little man pictures.
Brody loves to hold his hands. You'll notice in a lot of pictures he's holding his hands together.
See what I mean? I love it. It makes him look like the well behaved, content baby that he is.
He's such a cuddly and squishy little guy. He's wearing 6 month clothes, but those shoes are newborn size. Ha ha. Maybe he won't have giant feet like his dad and older brother. His hands seem to be pretty big though.
Brody recently discovered his feet. I love how babies can be completely entertained by playing with their own hands and feet.
No toys necessary right now because his hands and feet are the coolest things ever to him.
Well, more pool pictures. We're going to spend a lot of time at the pool since it's one mile from our house and the only thing bearable to do outside in the Texas Summer heat.
I love this picture. I love his kissable, squeezable, rosy cheeks, his chubby hands, his blue eyes, and his cute hat.
That's the end of my random phone pictures for now.




































3 comments:
Andi your boys are so cute! I love Brody's little hands like you mentioned. He looks so cuddly and squeezable! The best! Where did you hear that you had to throw your milk out after 3 months? Everywhere I've looked says 6-12 months as long as it was in the freezer?! I just double checked on Medela and Kellymom and a few other sites. Hopefully my milk is still ok!
Those were the funnest pictures! I almost felt like I was there with you and your cute boys. Thanks for sharing!
I agree about throwing out milk, it just seems like such a waste, especially when you work so hard to stock up on it!
Post a Comment