Tuesday, May 27, 2014

One of Those Days

This morning was hard, really hard, and it was also disgusting, really disgusting.

Not long after I had fallen back asleep after being up with Brody for the second time, Boston comes waddling into my room with his pants around his ankles. I was exhausted, and my hopes for a few more precious hours of sleep sank into my stomach. Boston looked distraught and started mumbling something about how he was really sorry that he missed the toilet and got poop everywhere. I knew that statement was not to be taken lightly because it was accompanied by a smell that was speaking very loudly. I sleepily and very disappointedly dragged myself down the hall to assess the damage.

After turning on the bathroom light, I just stood there dumbfounded, with my mouth gaping open. It was much, much worse than anything I could have possibly imagined. The word explosion sums it up pretty well. Don't worry, I won't write the details. After standing there like a deer in the headlights, I decided I better come up with some sort of plan of attack. I grabbed a baby wipe, which was basically the equivalent of grabbing a butter knife while staring at a tree that needs to be chopped down. After my pathetic attempt at using the baby wipe on Boston's legs, I started dry heaving. I thought for sure I was going to throw up. This was hands down the most disgusting thing I've ever experienced. I regained some composure and started a new plan of attack, this time one handed while the other hand kept my nose plugged.

As Boston watched me clean the toilet from the bathtub, he very sweetly and sincerely said, "You're so nice Mommy." That really touched me. I could hear his humble gratitude in the way he said that statement, and I wasn't expecting it at all. I really needed that sweet sentence to ring in my ears to help get me through the rest of the day.

Once everything was cleaned up, it was 6:52AM. I didn't need to start getting ready to go teach water aerobics until 8:00, so I told Boston to play in his playroom while I took a nap for an hour. Brody was still sound asleep in his bassinet next to my bed, so I set my alarm on my phone and crashed into my bed. About one minute later Brody started tooting and babbling.

I walked in to teach my water aerobics class at 9:30 feeling like a zombie and not knowing how on earth I was going to smile and pretend like I wanted to be there. It was just one of those days. So glad it's bedtime now. Being a mom is really hard sometimes.

No comments: