Sunday, February 9, 2014

He's 5!


We took our animal loving birthday boy to a Texas style African Safari for his 5th birthday. It's called Natural Bridge Texas Wildlife Ranch. 


You drive through in your car and feed the animals from the window. 


They have all sorts of cool animals, and they come right up to your car! 


We were a little scared of the zebras and ostriches because they stick their heads right in your car. Boston said his favorite part of the safari was when the zebras scared his mommy. 


Baby Brody with the baby zebra


Brody was 9 days old when we went to the safari, but it was actually a perfect birthday activity to do with a newborn. We stayed in the car driving 5 miles per hour, so I was even able to hold him and feed him. 




After you drive through in your car, they have an area where you can get out to walk around.


They had twin baby giraffes there. They are the only documented twin giraffes in the U.S. and the 8th in the world. 


My parents were here visiting the week of Boston's birthday, so they got to come celebrate at the safari with us. 


It was such a gorgeous day.  You never know if it's going to be 70 degrees or 30 here in the Winter, but we got lucky and got a 70 degree day for Boston's birthday.



They also had a petting zoo that Boston enjoyed.




After the safari we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and then Landa Park. 


Our first picture as a family of four. I can't believe we didn't get one with all of us at the hospital! 


Boston was really sweet and understanding about not being able to have a friend party this year. When I told him we weren't going to do a friend party this year because Brody was too little and might get sick if he was around a lot of kids, he was a sad, but said, "OK, maybe when I'm six." Then when he was talking to Scott's parents over Skype, he told them, "No friends for my birthday this year because Brody might be allergic." I felt bad I couldn't do a friend party for him, but I'm glad he still had a fun day. 



We ended the night with presents and cupcakes topped with animals. 




Happy birthday to our sweet, energetic, full of life 5 year old! We are so blessed to have him in our family! 

No comments: