I taught preschool the week before Thanksgiving, so we had fun learning about Thanksgiving.
Our craft was a toilet paper roll turkey with paint samples for the feathers. Really easy and cute.
Our friends invited us over to their house for Thanksgiving this year, so we did that instead of Cracker Barrel. It was our favorite Texas Thanksgiving so far. Cracker Barrel is good, but this year's food was much better, and so was the company! There were three families including ours, and our friend's parents, so that made 8 adults and 6 kids. I didn't do a very good job of taking pictures this year, but I did take a couple pictures of the kids and the food.
We were all too excited to eat once we sat down at the table, so I got a picture of the food on the table, but not the people at the table. Darn. Next year I'll be better. We had the traditional Thanksgiving meal with turkey, green beans, sweet potatoes, salad, rolls, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. There was aslo a yummy cranberry sauce made with real cranberries, pineapples, and pecans.
The kids were a lot more interested in playing than eating. I think they all ate a roll or two and then headed out to jump on the trampoline and play on the swing set. Boston is usually a little outnumbered, but he doesn't seem to mind. He likes all his girl friends. He was even holding hands with the girl in purple at Sea World later that night. (I also have a funny story about the girl in the pink shirt, Brinley. I go to Gold's Gym with her mom a lot, so Boston and Brinley are in the kid's club together while we exercise. One day another little girl was trying to "get" Brinley (according to Boston), and Boston punched that girl in the face. The punching part is not funny, and he got in big trouble for that, but I think it's cute how protective he gets of his girl friends. I've also seen him growl at other kids when they're trying to take toys away from his girl friends. Ha ha.)
After dinner the girls sat around and talked while the guys watched football. Then we had some yummy pie for dessert. We had lemon meringue, pecan praline, and pumpkin. I think it's funny how I used to not even like pumpkin pie, and now it's my favorite. Taste buds really do change. After dessert we went to Sea World to walk off our fullness and enjoy the pretty night. Sea World got us in the Christmas mood because they had all their Christmas decorations up, and their Christmas shows going.
It was a great Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for!
1 comment:
It was so much fun talking to you on Thanksgiving. I love skype. It sounds like you had an awesome holiday. (Boston is so cute in all your pictures!) We are thankful for you!
Post a Comment