Boston got his wish! He's officially a preschooler now. He was so excited when I dropped him off on his first day. He didn't even think twice as he said, "Bye Mom!"
I wasn't planning to put Boston in preschool until next year, but a few moms in my ward started a preschool co-op, so we joined in on the fun. We divided into two groups, with 4 kids in each group. There are two boys, and two girls in Boston's group. They meet twice a week for 2.5 hours, and we rotate teaching weeks.
This week was Boston's second week of preschool, and it was my turn to teach. I thought he might be disappointed that preschool was at his house this week because I know he loves feeling all grown up and going somewhere without me, but he loved having it at our house. As soon as the kids left he was asking me when we could have preschool at our house again.
Aren't these kids so cute? I took this while they were having their lunch break. My first day of teaching turned out really well, and the kids did an awesome job participating and behaving. After being a Sunbeam teacher at church to 10+ sunbeams, teaching these 4 kids was a breeze! I'm grateful for all the things I learned about teaching 3 and 4 year olds when I was a Sunbeam teacher. It will definitely come in handy during my preschool teaching.
For our preschool curriculum we do one letter, one number, and a theme that goes with the letter. I had letter B, so we did a bugs theme. At the end of preschool they had fun playing this butterfly catching game while they waited for their moms to come.

1 comment:
That's so fun!
Post a Comment