It finally came. Boston had been asking me where Halloween was for an entire month. He doesn't quite grasp the concept of days and time, so when I told him Halloween wasn't here yet, he would ask, "Where is it? Is it hiding?" We did our best to explain, but I'm not sure what was going through his little head. It must be pretty confusing being a kid sometimes.
We went trick-or-treating with some friends in our soon-to-be neighborhood. Boston looked cute as prince charming next to his princess girl friends.
After taking a couple pictures of the kids in their costumes, we were off.
Boston literally ran to every single house until he was red faced and sweaty, but even after that I think he kept running to most houses.
It's always fun to trick-or-treat at the really decorated houses. I think these people must have owned a Halloween store or something. You should have seen their garage. It was crazy, but a little too creepy for me. I like the cute Halloween stuff, not so much the gory.
I think I had just as much fun watching all the kids trick-or-treat as they had trick-or-treating.
It's so fun to see the pure happiness and excitement in the kids.
We started at 6:00, took a little half time break at our friend's house, and then went back out until about 8:00. By the time we were finished I had to carry Boston's bucket because it was too heavy for him to carry himself. That little bucket was full to the brim.
Boston couldn't wait to dump his bucket out and look at his hard earned treasure.
Boston loves getting his bucket down and picking something after lunch and dinner. We decided to make him earn it though. No candy for bad behavior days. His favorite candy this year are the m&m's. He's already talking about what he wants to be for Halloween next year.
It was a fun night! We love Halloween!


2 comments:
Hey Mom!
Next year you need to upgrade the bucket to a pillow case. Experienced goblins know a pillow case holds way more than a bucket and it's spill proof!
Hey Mom!
Next year you need to upgrade the bucket to a pillow case. Experienced goblins know a pillow case holds way more than a bucket and it's spill proof!
Post a Comment