Family bike ride, swimming, fro yo, and Scott not having to work is my kind of Monday.
For Labor Day we decided to ride our bikes around some of the other missions south of downtown San Antonio.
The missions are old churches like the Alamo. Here's a little excerpt from their site: In the 18th century, the Spanish empire established five Catholic missions along the San Antonio River, primarily to extend its dominion northward from Mexico, but also to convert the native population. What remains of the largest concentration of missions in North America provides an interesting look into Texas' history
At mission San Jose there were rooms that lined the outer wall where the community lived. It reminded me of college dorms.
Here's a little info about the San Jose mission: (Established in 1720, it became known as the "Queen of the Missions" for its grand design of stone walls, bastions and magnificent church.) I know you probably don't want a history lesson, but I thought I'd post a little bit about them since I didn't know what they were until I started writing this post.
I had heard there were other buildings like the Alamo, and I wanted to see them out of curiosity, but I was mostly in it for the bike ride. Family bike rides are one of my favorite things, but the missions turned out to be pretty cool too.
We got home in time for lunch and then we met some friends at their neighborhood pool.
These pool pictures aren't from Labor Day though. They are actually from a play group one day, but they are at the same pool.
Labor Day was the last day that this neighborhood slide was open. We are going to miss the weekly play group here, but we're excited for some cooler weather and a little variety in our outdoor activities. It's not exactly Fall weather yet, but at least it's cooled down enough to make non-swimming activities bearable.
We actually had a nice "cold front" last week, meaning the high was only in the low 90's. It felt awesome in the morning and at night though when it was in the 70's!
1 comment:
You guys do such fun things. What awesome parents. I'm sure Boston loves it all!
Post a Comment