Thursday, May 3, 2012

You Came Back For Me?

Boston was so cute this morning, so I had to quickly write down what he said. 

Last night Scott and I went to the Jazz vs. Spurs game with some friends. Our upstairs neighbors who are in our ward watched Boston for us. They have a little boy as well, so it's really nice to be able to trade babysitting with them since they live right above us. When we go out at night, Boston goes to their house until it's time for him to go to bed, then one of them stays with their boy, and one of them brings Boston down here so he can go to bed. 

When we got home, Cal's mom mentioned that Boston said something like, "My Mommy lost me." when they came back downstairs to our house. He had said something like that the last time Cal's mom watched him too. It's so cute, but so sad at the same time. When they come back to our house and I'm not here he gets confused and thinks I "lost" him or something. 

Then this morning as I was organizing our coat closet (Yep, still working on my organizing project. More pictures coming soon.), I heard Boston knock on his door after he woke up. I told him I'd be right there. When he heard my voice he said, "Mommy? Where's Cal's mom?" I said, "She went home." Then the next thing he said kind of broke my heart and melted it at the same time. He said, "Oh! You came back for me? That makes me so happy!" I hurried and opened his door and gave him a hug and said, "Of course I came back for you! I would never leave you!" Then he said, "You didn't lose me?" See what I mean about breaking my heart and melting it at the same time? Then as I was helping him get dressed he kept giving me big hugs and saying that he was so happy I came back. It kind of makes me never want to get a babysitter again. I know I will, but I think I better do a thorough job of explaining to him that I'll come back. 

And here's some recent pictures of him since he's so cute. 


Boxes really do make the best toys don't they? We ordered some crates and bins online and they came in two big boxes, so I made a little house out of one to keep Boston entertained for awhile while I put the crates and bins to use. 


He thought the little window and door I cut out was the coolest thing ever. 






A few Sundays ago Scott and I took Boston on a walk and thought it would be fun to catch a caterpillar for him so he could watch it turn into a butterfly. The previous Sunday we had seen a few caterpillars and Boston was very enthralled by them. 


It seriously made his entire week to catch these two little critters. The brown fuzzy one is Charlie, and the green one is Pickle. 



Boston put them on the porch and treated them like pets. He said good night to them before he went to bed, and the first thing he did when he woke up the next morning was run out to the porch to say good morning to Charlie and Pickle. He loved picking leaves and feeding them every time we came home from somewhere. 


I'm glad he had fun with them for a little while, but sadly we didn't get to see them turn into butterflies. They both died. We felt bad for being caterpillar killers, so we probably won't be catching any more. It was so sad when Boston ran out to give Pickle a leaf and said, "He's not coming out." Luckily it wasn't too traumatizing for him or anything. He got over it pretty quick. Now whenever he sees a brown fuzzy caterpillar he says, "I see a Charlie caterpillar!" 




3 comments:

KILEY said...

Oh my goodness that brought tears to my eyes. I have a hard time leaving Addis with a babysitter but he is only 9 months old. I figured it would get easier! What a sweet little boy you have :)

KILEY said...

Oh by the way i am loving your organizing projects. I have been doing the same thing around my house so looking at your progress motivates me!

Kim said...

Sooooo cute! Boston is such a sweetheart. Love this post. :)