Monday, May 7, 2012

He Did it Again

Boston's Family Night prayer had us laughing pretty good. Kids are the best.  

You had to be there to think it was funny, but someday when I go back and read this post again, I know I'll remember it like I'm there again, and I'll appreciate the good laugh and memoreis it brings back.

Before Family Night Boston was playing with my jogging stroller tire pump. He discovered that if he holds his hand part way over the hole and pumps it, an interesting sound comes out. Can you guess what that interesting sound sounds like? (Think whoopee cushion.) He thought his new noise maker was pretty cool, and decided to add a little thank you for it in his prayer. We didn't even realize he still had the pump in his hands until he used it to make the funny noise while thanking Heavenly Father for it. It totally caught us off guard. Both mine and Scott's eyes popped open and we held our laughter in as Boston continued his prayer. He wasn't trying to be funny or naughty at all. He was truly grateful for the fun little sound maker he had discovered. He actually had no idea why Scott and I were laughing when he was done praying. To him, it's just a funny sound. He doesn't realize what it sounds like since he still has his three year old innocence. If he were seven, this would be a different story, and probably a lot less funny. 

Anyway, I just want to try and write down the little things Boston does because looking back, I know they'll be my favorite to re-read. 


In other news about the Bos-man:


He finally got his baseball mit that he'd been wanting for a long time. He earned it by not needing nighttime pull-ups for the past few months. He's so independent with using the potty now. I never have to remind him, or ask him to go. I learned a long time ago that he does not like to be reminded or asked. Using the potty has to be his idea, which actually makes it nice for me now that I trust him to go when he needs to go.


I took these pictures right after church last Sunday, so that's why he's in his suit. We normally don't dress him up that nicely to play baseball. Boston has a blast when he take him outside for some family baseball. He can actually hit the ball every now and then with no tee. We might have to sign him up for tee ball soon. 

Boston also had a blast on the father-son campout this past weekend with Scott. I'll be posting the pictures from that soon. Boston LOVES camping. 

No comments: