Thursday, May 31, 2012

Family Tri

I'm behind on my blog since I've been keeping busy with Spring cleaning and organizing, but I'm happy to say that I'm finally done! (For now anyway.) I've gone through every inch of our apartment and every last thing we own right down to the art projects that I kept from Elementary school. I'm planning to post some more pictures of that soon as I play blog catch up. 

I'll start my blog catch up with the family tri we did May 11. 
Some people in our ward put together a practice triathlon at Boerne Lake to help them prepare for a triathlon they were planning to do on Memorial day in Austin. Even though we weren't doing the Austin triathlon, we joined in on their practice tri because we thought it would be a fun Saturday family activity. 


Scott got his first taste of a triathlon this day and he liked it, except for the half mile swim. That's a LONG way to swim when you haven't trained for it. It's a long way to swim even when you have trained! 


He did awesome. I can't believe he swam a half mile without training. 


He said it was the hardest thing ever though once he got out of the lake. I didn't do the swim part because I'm a wimp and the water was too cold, plus it scares me to swim in anything but a pool. Someday I'll get over that fear though because I want to do more tri's.  


After the swim Scott and I took Boston on a 13-ish mile bike ride on our slow mountain bikes while all our friends whipped out 15 miles on their speedy road bikes. 

Then one of the girls in our ward watched Boston (and all the other kids) while we did the run portion of the tri. We were supposed to do a 5K, but we missed the turn around point so we ended up running a little extra. Scott kicked butt on his first tri. I'm excited to see how well he does when he adds some training in! 



No comments: