Boston was cracking me and Scott up last night, and I wanted to write down some of the things he said so I can remember them years from now. 3-year-olds are so fun.
I think it's hilarious when kids act like the parent and say things that come directly from your mouth right back to you when you're least expecting it.
#1-We were all hanging out on the couch and I had some gum in my mouth and blew a bubble. Boston looks at me with a very serious look on his face and says in his 3-year-old accent, "No more bubbles mom! Too youd. (loud) You do it again and I take it away. Okaaaay?" Ha ha! Me and Scott both started laughing. Then about 20 minutes later I blew another bubble and he walked up to me and put his hand right under my mouth and said, "Spit it out."
#2-Scott and I laid down on the couch last night and pretended like we were going to sleep, (except I don't think Scott was pretending. I think he really wanted to go to bed at 8:00. Ha ha.). Anyway, I was just having fun watching Boston mimic me to the T. I was doing everything he does when I put him to bed, and he was doing everything I do. The role reversal was pretty fun because I didin't realize how much every little thing I do is absorbed into this little guy's head. He went and got a blanket for me and "tucked me in." Then he got me a teddy bear, sang me a song because I asked for one, and gave me a hug and a kiss. He did the same for Scott, minus the teddy bear. This one was more cute than funny, but you should have seen how grown-up this kid thought he was. That was the cutest part.
#3-We were watching The Other Side of Heaven as a family last night and right in the middle of the movie Boston said, "Turn the movie off. It's Book of Mormon time." Then he went and got his Book of Mormon Reader and turned the light on. (Oh, I guess he's serious about this.) So Scott paused the movie and Boston opened the Book of Mormon Reader and pretended to read to us. Then he put the Book of Mormon away and we proceeded with our movie. Really random, but really cute and funny.
#4-When I put Boston to bed that night and told him to say his prayers, he said he wanted me to say them. I started saying his prayer for him, but then he started acting like the parent again and "helping" me know what to say. He insisted that I include Sea World in my prayer, along with the sharks, dolphins, and Shamu. I said whales the first time, but I had to correct myself and specifically say Shamu. Then he told me to say, "Thank you for Boston. He's a big boy." (I had to try really hard right there not to laugh.) The tone of voice he was using when he was telling me what to say in my prayer was the exact same tone of voice adults use with kids when they help them say prayers.
I'm sure there's a lot more laughter that's going to come from this kid's mouth, but last night was a really fun night with him and I wanted to remember some of it. We feel so lucky to have Boston. We are loving our new 8:30AM church schedule because it's been nice to come home and relax as a family the rest of the day.
3 comments:
That is so adorable!!
Hilarious stories! What a cute kid!
Love the stories! He is so funny. I'm glad you thought to write those down. :)
Post a Comment