I was introduced to the Fitzgerald annual girls weekends just two months after I married Scott, and I've been looking forward to them ever since. My In-laws are awesome. I'm so lucky. Every year our husbands take care of the kids for a weekend so the girls can shop, eat, relax, and have some kid-free fun. We are all so blessed with amazing husbands who are willing to do this for us. This year Boston and Scott came along for some of it since we live out of State now and his mom and sisters don't get to see them very often anymore.
Since I had been looking forward to this weekend for a long time, I should have known I would get the flu the morning they were supposed to get here. I'm really good at getting sick at the worst possible times. (I.e. My first girls camp, EFY, my first Christmas married, right before the Ogden marathon where I was trying to qualify for Boston, right before the Boston Marathon. Those are just a few other examples of my timely sicknesses.) It makes it sound like I get sick a lot, but I'm healthy as a horse 99% of the time. Anyway, luckily it turned out to be a 24 hour flu. I was even able to go out to eat that night. I was starving from not having eaten all day and ended up eating my entire BBQ chicken pizza. Then we went to Spoon It afterwards for fro yo. It was the first time in my life that it didn't sound very good, but that didn't stop me from getting some anyway. I was definitely pushing my luck with my eating that night and I felt pretty queasy afterwards, but luckily everything stayed down and I was feeling pretty normal again when I woke up the next day.
Good thing too, because you need lots of energy to shop with the Fitzgerald girls! Here we are empty handed. No kids, no purses (except for Jill's mini purse), and no shopping bags. We know how to fix that. It's what we do best on these girls trips.
That's better. Empty handed no more. We're Just taking an afternoon break. We're only halfway done, but we need some fuel to keep going.
If we have to stop for lunch, we'll at least make it a restaurant that has shopping and food. Cracker Barrel is the place to eat while shopping in San Marcos. We even ate there during the last girls trip too. We found some pretty sweet Halloween costumes after lunch. I thought I was excited for Halloween before, but now I'm really excited. I can't wait to wear the Halloween costume I got here!
We eventually got worn out, and realized we'd have to eat dinner sometime before 10:00PM, so we made our way back to our cute condo in New Braunfels to meet Boston and Scott for dinner. (A bed full of bags is the end result of 5 girls shopping for 7-ish hours.)
Before we went to dinner we had to try on all our new stuff. This year the best deals I found were all for Scott. He practically got a new wardrobe this girls trip between the stuff I found him, and the stuff Jill gave him. Jill has outlets by her house and she's always sharing her deal finds with us. Jay and I ended up getting the same outfit at Abercrombie. Jay is Scott's oldest sister, although she looks my same age. Can you believe she has a daughter in high school? Me neither. I forget all the time that I'm not the same age as all his sisters.

We decided to try Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner. It turned out to be really good. I was so full afterwards that I felt like I had just eaten Thanksgiving dinner.
Most of that fullness was from this...
Wow, that was some rich cake.
I ate more of it than Scott, just in case you were wondering.
Boston loved having all his aunts to himself. He was in heaven the whole weekend with the attention he was getting from his Grandma and aunts.
We always try to include a temple trip on the annual girls weekends as well. We woke up Saturday morning and got ready to head to the San Antonio temple. It was pouring rain when we pulled in to the parking lot, and then it completely stopped right before we got out of our car.
Scott took a couple pictures for us, and then headed home with Boston. After the temple we ate lunch at Carrabba's, Jill's favorite restaurant. Then we picked Scott and Boston up to head to the Riverwalk.
We got so lucky with the weather this weekend. It rained off and on a few times, but never when we were doing something outside. The temperatures were just right too!
We're beginning to get a collection of family pictures in front of the Alamo. We've lost track of how many times we've been there, but we think it's about 5-8 times.
We wore Boston out this weekend! He stayed up past midnight two nights in a row, and then he crashed on the way home from the Riverwalk. Scott's mom was nice and volunteered to stay home with Boston while the rest of us went out to "dinner" and a movie.
I said "dinner" because crepes with nutella, whip cream, and strawberries aren't exactly dinner, but they are delicious!
Then we headed over to the Palladium for a 10:00PM movie where we paid $10 per ticket, hence the sad/mad/crazy faces.
We got over it pretty fast as you can see. We saw Courageous which we all highly recommend to everyone! It made the $10 movie ticket a lot less painful. Courageous is a Christian movie about dads with lots of awesome lessons and messages. It's a very uplifting movie, and it will probably make you cry too.
Thanks for coming to visit us! We had so much fun!





















5 comments:
Great recap! Love it. It was so much fun visiting you!!!
Great post! Loved hearing about your fun weekend and knowing all the places you went to. :) Glad everything went so well!
Looks like you guys had so much fun! I think that's cool how you guys have a girls weekend every year!
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I can't believe how different the weather was for us in August. Now we need to come experience the cool Texas weather. I'm sure it'd feel nice and warm compared to what we'll soon be having.
SO FUN to see the pictures and relive our week. We had a great time visiting. Thanks for everything! Love and miss you.
Post a Comment