Before we started our Halloween tradition we had to wear Boston out and put him to bed. I'm excited for the day when our kids are old enough to join us in our pumpkin carving/Hocus Pocus night, but at this point I'm afraid of having pumpkin guts thrown about the house. We took Boston to a neighborhood party with bounce houses, balloon making, and face painting. We waited in line for about 30 minutes to get Boston's face painted, and then when it was his turn he decided he didn't want to get his face painted. Awesome. Actually, I don't know what I was thinking even getting in line. Even if he had wanted to get his face painted, there's no way he would have sat still long enough to get anything but a streak painted across his cheek. So we made our way over to the balloon line and barely made it to the front in time to get him a sword. You know how much Boston likes anything resembling a stick, so the night was a success.
After Boston was in bed, it was our turn for some Halloween fun. I popped in my favorite Halloween move that brings back so many childhood memories. I need to watch it again because I was too distracted carving my pumpkin to really watch it. I remember watching this movie all the time growing up and being so excited to go trick-or-treating. I've always been a big fan of holidays and whatever festivities and traditions go along with them.
Our upstairs neighbors came down to carve pumpkins with us as well. They just moved in a few weeks ago and it's fun having friends so close by to hang out with.
Here's the finished products! They look even better with the lights off.

Scott carved the flaming face, I did the haunted house, and our friends did the spider. It was a fun night! Too bad these pumpkins will probably be rotten by Halloween. It's a lot harder to keep your pumpkins fresh when you live in a warm place, but at least the picture will last.
Happy Halloween!





1 comment:
Those are totally awesome. What great pumpkin carvers you are. I think its fun that you have so many family traditions.
Post a Comment