Wednesday, July 13, 2011

4 Years

It seems like the years are flying by even faster now that we are done with school and have a two-year-old to keep us busy. At dinner Scott asked me which year of our mariage feels like it's gone by the fastest, and I said definitely year 3 to year 4. I don't feel like it's been a whole year since this day!



It was Scott's turn to head up the anniversary plans this year. (We decided on anniversary number 1 that we'd take turns planning each anniversary.) We went to a cute restaurant called Scenic Loop Cafe for dinner. We both decided the food was "Master Chef" quality. (We've been having fun watching the Master Chef show together lately.) We will definitely be eating there again! 


Scott got mahi mahi stuffed with goat cheese, wild rice, and a sweet potato with an amazing sauce on it. The description of the sauce sounded weird on the menu, but made us really curious about how it would taste. I think it was a maple jalepeno sauce. Sounds really different, but I'd go back to that restaurant just to get one of those sweet potatoes. It was probably the best sweet potato I've ever tasted. The mahi mahi was dang good too. 



For the first time in the past 4 or 5 times we've gone out to eat, I didn't get fish. After I tasted Scott's though, I wish I would have. I wasn't very hungry, so I got the summer berry salad which was really fresh and really good, but next time I'll make sure to save up a better appetite so I can get what Scott got. 

Trying to decide if I needed a pool hat. I'm going to stick with sunglasses and sunscreen for now though.
After dinner we walked around the outdoor mall by our place called La Cantera. While we were walking around, Scott and I commented on how nice the weather felt. Then we realized how much we've adapted to the Texas heat since moving here last year. It was probably still in the 90's, but we didn't get sweat dripping down our back the second we stepped outside, therefore the weather felt really nice. It's funny how everything in life is so relative. 


Delicious gelato topped off our night out before we headed back home to catch up on the previous night's Master Chef episode. We were grateful to our friend Stacie for watching Boston for us! We are so blessed to have so many good friends in Texas! 

We can't wait to see what year 4-5 will bring us!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I like the pool hat I think you should get it! And I am getting more and more excited for my trip to Texas..it's coming up soon! I definitely want to try that restaurant while we're there.

Heidi F said...

I can't believe its been 4 years! Wow. So many wonderful things have happened and you have accomplished so much in that time. You are all amazing! We love you!

Danny and Karen said...

Andrea, you are so beautiful! And what a cute couple :) I remember the last time we ran just before you got married. You were so excited about it being 7-7-07, and the yummy kinds of cake you were going to have. I can't believe it's been 4 years! You two are SO sweet together. Here's to another wonderful year to you two!!

ps. The music video on youtube called "Gettin real in the Whole Foods parking lot" has a guy in it that always reminds me of Scott (only because of how he looks, not because I think Scott is a white gangster-rapper).

Jaylynn said...

That did go by fast! Seems like you just barely posted the pics from last anniversary, wow! (Loved your yellow sandals)