Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Boston's "Nap Time"

I know my last post was about all the cute things Boston does around the house, but I forgot to mention some of the not so cute things he does around the house as well. He's cute, there's no doubt about that, but I wouldn't want Boston to grow up with skewed perception of his childhood thinking he never had a terrible two moment his entire life. 


Lately his 2 hour nap destroy-his-room time has been one of those not so cute things. This isn't the worst he can do (wipes torn up and strewn about are one of his specialties), but it's what his room looked like today after an afternoon of unsuccessful nap time attempts. I try my best to wear the kid out, but some days I'm the only one getting worn out. We spent the morning in the hot sun at Sea World. You would think that would knock the kid out by 2:00PM, but he was bouncing off the walls all the way up until 7:30PM when I put him to bed. At least he went to bed with no complaints. That's one good thing about skipping his nap time. Some days we wonder if he's done with naps, but he's 2 1/2. There's no way he can be done with naps! Right? Please tell me that's right. We know he's tired. We can see it in his eyes. He just has a hard time winding down. Once he winds down though, he's out for a solid 2-3 hours. 


The kid breaks everything. It's one of his favorite hobbies. Whenever he makes something in nursery or at the library it's like, "Look what I made mommy!" Now watch me rip it up!" I was telling Scott it must be a boy thing. I can't see a little girl tearing up one of her prized colorings. Can you? 


So much for this container. It went out with the garbage tonight. I liked that container. It was the perfect size for all his car toys. If we had an extra room I'd probably put all his toys and books in there and leave nothing but his bed in his room. Ha ha. Maybe then he would take a nap. 


Actually, I'm sure he'd still find something mischievous to do. Now I know what people meant when they said kids are expensive. Our dining room table has fork holes in it, our blinds need replacing, our laptop cord has been used as a rope too many times, our walls have been used as his canvas during meal time and need re-painting. The list could go on, but hey, these are just material things. We know he's worth it. 


That's a priceless smile if I ever did see one. His smile is contagious. I'd say that's a fair trade for a messy house and broken stuff.

3 comments:

Heidi F said...

What a hoot! I loved this post. Boston is a typical child because they all have their moments. How fun to document them through pictures. :) Boston is the best!

Jill said...

Girl you make me feel better! We have the same children except mine has long curly hair and female anatomy...they are tiring!! Kam wouldn't sleep today either and played in her crib for 2 hours. I don't DARE switch to a bed or her room will look like Boston's! And hate to break it to ya, but Tanner stopped napping at that age. Totally SUCKS! xoxo

Jaylynn said...

What a cutie. He is at the transition stage from nap to none. By the time my kids were three they were not napping, sorry! Earlier bed time it is!