Making an insane amount of cookie dough and baking all day is a favorite Christmas tradition of mine and my sister's. The day after I got to Utah I headed up to Salem with my sister Kristen so we could watch Christmas movies and make nine different kinds of cookie dough with my aunt Karla.

Nine different kinds of dough plus two to four dozen cookies per batch makes for one long day of baking, not to mention a huge mess!




We did some traditional favorites such as kissie cookies, snickerdoodles, mexican wedding, and ginger snaps, but we also tried some new recipes such as cornmeal thyme, oatmeal applesauce with maple icing, lime meltaways, and cashew carmel. They were all good, even the cornmeal thyme despite how odd it may sound. We just wanted to try them because of how different they sounded, and the carmel cashew ones turned out to be a new favorite.


While I was in Salem I was also able to see some of my old roommates from BYU! Maija-Liisa had a Christmas party at her house in Spanish Fork. I was so sad I missed most of the party because I mixed up the time I was supposed to be there, but it was still fun to see everyone for a little while!

I also got to have a girls night with my childhood best friends! We always have so much fun when we get together! Guaranteed laughter every time!

Sledding with Boston was definitely a highlight of our Utah trip! My parents, Scott, Kristen, and I went to our local Jr. High a couple mornings and had a blast watching Boston enjoy the snow. I love having a kid because it gives me an excuse to enjoy all the kid things again like sledding. I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed riding the sled down the hill as well.

My dad was enjoying having Boston around as an excuse to go sledding as well. He even did a couple run/dives on his stomach down the hill.


I was impressed and surprised with my mom's willingness to sled, especially after breaking her back a few years ago sledding. This hill was a little more friendly and a lot less bumpy though!




Boston was really brave and liked going down the hill all by himself! When we first got there I was nervous about him going down the hill even when he was with an adult, but after awhile he was not only going down by himself, but he was going down backwards by himself!
He reminded us of the little kid on A Christmas Story. We couldn't stop laughing about how cute he was waddling around.
Look at that snow angel! How did that tiny kid do that? We tried to teach Boston how to make a snow angel, but all we could get him to do was lay in the one Scott already made. Sure made a cute picture though! We are glad we got to have some fun in the snow with Boston! His snow experiences will be far and few in between living in San Antonio! Too bad the snow was too powdery to make a snowman! That will have to wait for another Christmas visit home.







No comments:
Post a Comment