Tuesday, March 30, 2010

1000

A week or so ago I reached 1000 miles on my Nike plus mileage counter for running. Scott thought that was pretty cool and that I should blog about it. I guess I didn't think to blog about it myself since I couldn't really think of anything to write except that my mileage counter reached 1000 miles. I wish I knew exactly how long it took me, but the closest estimation I can come up with is about 9 months based on when I bought my new Nike plus sensor. Right now it says 1055 because it took me about 55 more miles before I decided to write about it. So, I guess I've officially run 1000 miles to nowhere! That's about all I have to say about that.

This would be a waste of a page in my blog book, so I'll try to think of a few more things to say about other stuff to make it a whole page. I wouldn't want to waste half a page of paper.

--Only about 7 weeks until the Ogden Marathon! Training is going well so far and I'm lucky to not have had any injuries! I'm hoping it stays that way. I take Boston in the stroller about half the time and go really early the other times. I'm so happy the weather is getting nicer because I think Boston does a lot better when we run outside! Yesterday he was SO GOOD! I was shocked. He only threw something twice and the rest of the time he just calmly sat there looking around. I was so happy with how good he was being that I ran 2 miles more than I was planning on!

--I've never been much of a Harry Potter fan, but both of my sisters are crazy fans and I'm pretty sure they have all the books and movies memorized. They told me that they are planning to re-read all seven books in the seven weeks leading up to the release of 7th Harry Potter movie. I don't want to be left out, so I decided I would finally read the Harry Potter books. There's no way I can read them in 7 weeks though, so I thought I'd start now and hope I'm done by November when the movie comes out. I think I'll pick up book numero uno today at the library.

--We have weaned Boston from his binki! He's actually been weaned for a long time now, I just haven't written it down yet. I decided we better do it before he's old enough to know we took it away. I'm pretty sure I had more withdrawals than he did. He didn't even seem to care or notice. That's when I realized the binki was more of a crutch for me than for him. There were a few times when I was putting him down for a nap that I wanted to grab a binki to help him relax faster, but I didn't and low and behold he was still able to fall asleep just fine without it.

--I'm feeling rather attached to my family these days because I know we are moving soon. We have been up there the past two weekends and we have something planned with family almost every weekend until we move! I'm looking forward to temple trips, camping trips, birthday parties, a girls weekend with Scott's mom and sisters, etc. This past weekend we celebrated Easter early with my family because Justin is having ankle surgery next weekend. We had a nice dinner and a little Easter egg hunt with Boston, Ethan, and Alex. It was really cute, and I'll be posting pictures sometime soon. We also had fun celebrating Scott's mom's birthday and going to Hale Center Theater in Salt Lake to see Fiddler on the Roof! It was so good! I LOVE going to plays!


--I lost my car key last night on my run! I've been on lots of runs and I'm really lucky this is the first time this has happened to me! Luckily I was with Sherstin and Trevor so they were able to drive me home to get a spare key. It was a crappy situation and I was so mad at myself for letting that happen even though I don't know exactly how it did happen, but it could have been a lot worse! I was lucky that we had a spare key at home and nice friends to give me a ride! Now I need to go make another spare key, but hopefully this won't happen again.

Well, I think I'll stop there because I really don't have anything that interesting to write about, but at least I won't have 3/4 of a blank page in my blog book now. :)

No comments: