That's what Boston's been up to lately, along with cutting all FOUR of his top front teeth and surprising us with a few words here and there. We have heard him say ma ma, da da, and yes. We think we've heard him say ball, duck, and quack. He also shakes his head yes and no. But, his preferred method of communication at the moment is yelling as loud as he possibly can until I figure out what he wants. It's still hard to tell just how much of this stuff is coincidence, and how much he understands.
Standing all by himself! Something he wasn't interested in doing until the park that day, then all of the sudden he was loving standing and trying to walk! He wants to play at the park and finally realizes that walking is better than crawling!
I'm so happy that we've finally had some nice enough weather to go to the park! Boston absolutely loves the slides and swings! I went to the Salem park with my friend Maija-Liisa and her baby Ava on Monday and it was so fun! That's when Boston made some big progress towards taking his first steps, which he did later that night when we got home from Scott's basketball game. It was just three steps, and he hasn't done it again since, but we have our video camera out on the table waiting for it!
I discovered one of Boston's new loves...DUCKS! He kept pulling on my finger so I would help him walk over to the ducks. If I picked him up and tried to leave the ducks he would scream and throw a temper tantrum. It's crazy that I now have an independent little person on my hands rather than a baby that goes and does whatever I choose for him to do! Despite the mini temper tantrum they caused, I thought it was adorable how much he loved the ducks! We will definitely be visiting ducks a lot this Spring!
Things are changing so quickly now with this little guy! It was like I woke up one day and all of the routines and schedules I was used to for the past several months were suddenly gone! Two naps? Ya right mom! I have better things to do like open all the cupboards and take everything out the second you turn your back, and dig through the garbage cans and see what I can find! Sit contently in my jogging stroller while you run? I don't think so! I want to run with you now! Take me out of this thing!

(Seeing what dirt tastes like for the first time)I definitely wasn't prepared for how much and how fast my life would change when Boston hit toddler-hood! It happened so fast! I was just getting used to the stay-at-home-mom routine with a baby, and then WHAM! I had a toddler and everything changed. Now I'm working on slowly adjusting my attitude and expectations for the day so I can get the hang of being a stay-at-home mom to a busy strong-willed toddler. Rather than try to get things done all day like I used to, I need to plan things AWAY from the house all day after Boston wakes up from his nap. It's too exhausting trying to keep him out of things he's not supposed to be in to at the house, and he won't play with his toys. I'm really lucky if he plays with his toys for five minutes, so we'll be spending A LOT of time at the park and with play-groups this Spring/Summer. Boston really loves to be around other kids!
I wasn't prepared for the amount of time and work toddlers take, but I'm slowly adjusting. He sure is a fun and sweet little guy (most of the time). I adore him.



3 comments:
With those red cheeks and bright eyes, you can tell he was loving every minute at the park! He will definitely keep you busy! So so cute!
I love to read all your posts. Look at him standing!!! So cute! Life just keeps getting busier and busier, but it's so fun too. Can't wait to see you guys next month!
Yay for Boston! That's so exciting. He'll be running around and talking like crazy before you know it! So fun! It really is a whole different life with a toddler!
Post a Comment