Friday, March 19, 2010

Ready or Not...

Here comes CHANGE, and lots of it!

I think I have been slightly in denial that I'm about to leave my happy little bubble of familiarity here in Orem where I have everything I could need or want within hours. Little signs keep popping up to remind me that we really truly are moving to Texas in just two short months. For example, Scott only has 5 weeks left of his entire college career! He will be graduating in about a month, and graduation means we need a job, and that job is in Texas. Another sign that our comfy little life here in Orem is coming to a close is that we are going to close on our condo next week!

When people ask me how I feel about moving to Texas I don't really know what to say because I honestly don't dwell on that thought very often. Right now I'm just enjoying the last bit of Utah bliss, and I'll decide how I feel about Texas when I get there. I do know that change is always hard at first and everyone is always a bit wary of change in the beginning, but eventually we adjust and are almost always grateful for the learning and growing experience the change has brought to us. So that's the mind frame I'm going to try to keep when I move to Texas. I know it will be hard at first, but I also know I'll eventually adjust and most likely end up loving it there. I'm not thrilled about being so far away from family, but trying to look on the bright side, I know it will make our own family stronger because we'll have to rely on each other a lot more.

Even though we won't have our family an hour away and that will be really sad, we are lucky enough to know quite a few people in Texas already, so that makes me feel a little better about the move. My friend that I ran the Boston marathon with a few years ago moved to San Antonio after she graduated, and I also have a good friend that I met when we did our internship there. We also know some people from Scott's program that have accepted jobs with USAA.

We had a fun time last Thursday getting together with Scott's old ISYS group and their wives for dinner and games. Lance, Micah, and Scott had a good time getting to know each other throughout the ISYS program by doing group projects together, and I got to know their cute wives. Micah (the middle one) has accepted a job with USAA also, and they have a cute little girl Boston's age! We are glad they decided to have one more get together before graduation! The dinner was delicious Katie! Thank you so much!


Boston had fun playing with Maddie, even though he still needs to learn how to be soft and not hit little girls in the face. He gets excited and swats people in the face. He's not trying to be mean, but I'm working on teaching him how to be soft. Boston frequently swats me in the face and I just tell him no and grab his hand, but when he swatted Maddie in the face she started crying which then made Boston cry too. It was pretty cute. Maybe he'll learn faster now that it's not OK to do that.

We are having a lot of fun trying to squeeze in as much family and friend time these next two months! It's going to go by WAY too fast!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Change is always good but so hard. I am sure you will love it in Texas. I've heard so many good things about it there and you will make some fun friends. Good luck getting everything ready over the next couple of months!

Annalee said...

Was one of the guys in the pictures in Vocal Point at BYU?