Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Update

I love conference weekend!!! Scott and I enjoyed hanging out in our love sac with Boston this weekend relaxing and listening to conference together. We also had fun visiting with family this weekend.

We got to see our cousins Phil and Whitney, and their cute daughter Kate Saturday afternoon. They came up from Las Vegas for the weekend and stopped by our house on their way to Phil's parent's house in Salt Lake. Kate is so fun! She is almost nine months old now, and she is always so happy and smiley. We were laughing because she was scared of our carpet. Anytime we put her on the carpet she would look at it with disgust and start to do this little scared cry. She wouldn't let both of her hands touch the carpet. She would just hold one up in the air until someone picked her up. It was so funny! Apparently she is like that with grass too. That night during the priesthood session of conference Whitney and Nicole came back down to Provo and we went shopping for a couple hours along with all the other girls in Provo. The mall was packed with girls and strollers! I'm sad I never took a picture of Kate and Boston together!


Boston is starting to smile a little bit more! We love it!! Scott and I were able to get a few smiles out of him during Conference if we played with his lips. He is also becoming a very active baby! When he is awake and alert he kicks his legs really fast like he is trying to ride a bicycle or something and flails his arms all over the place. It is really funny to watch. He even breathes louder and harder when he is doing this because he is getting such a good workout.

Boston fell asleep during conference and he looked so cute all cuddled up in the love sac!

The past two days Scott and I woke up an hour earlier than we thought we did because our alarm clock thinks it knows better than we do when daylight savings is, so it automatically changed itself to an hour ahead while we were sleeping. We were actually glad because it was nice to watch Music and the Spoken Word on Sunday before conference started. Then today Scott got up and got all ready for work by what we thought was 8 am, but we realized that it was only 7 am after he was completely ready. I guess we forgot to fix our clock last night before we went to bed. It was actually a good thing again though because Scott had an extra hour to start reading the Hearing the Voice of the Lord book that he has been wanting to start reading, and I was less tired when I got up to feed Boston just because I thought it was 8 am and not 7 am! Isn't that funny how that works? I realized this weekend that a lot of being tired in the morning is just mental. Too bad we can't trick ourselves into getting up an hour earlier everyday!

Scott and I went down to Salem after conference on Sunday to have dinner at my Aunt Karla's house with my family, Grandma Billings, Jessica and Alex, and the half of the Tan family that doesn't live in Hawaii. Before we got there Scott and I drove around Salem exploring for a little while. We both love Salem and would love to live there if Scott ends up working in Utah when he graduates. We like cute small towns with lots of open fields. The only problem is that it would be a long commute if he worked at Orange Soda, but it might be worth it. We had fun celebrating my 23rd birthday and Liana's 16th birthday. We had my FAVORITE cake that I have had EVERY SINGLE birthday since I can remember! It's the confetti cake with the polka-dots in the icing. I love that icing! Scott is not a big icing fan, and I remember when we were dating he was so grossed out when I ate a big glob of that icing plain (that is kind of gross, so I don't really blame him). My grandma made my second favorite cake for Liana. My family calls it wacky cake, and Scott's family calls it crazy cake. It was yummy! After we had cake and opened presents Scott and I went on a walk with Boston and Karla. I LOVE going on walks on Sundays! The weather was so nice this Sunday too!

My mom with Boston and Kristen with Alex at Karla's house



Another thing that happened this weekend is that I decided to go on a dairy strike (after I finished eating the lasagna Karla made us for dinner and the cake and ice-cream). I keep getting an upset stomach and I know it's from something I'm eating. I'm pretty sure it's dairy which is really sad because that's probably my favorite food group. I need my cereal and milk in the morning like some people need their coffee. I successfully went without my cereal and milk this morning! I had an orange and toast instead. I am going to do this for at least a week to see if I feel better, and if I do then I will probably have to do it forever unless I want an upset stomach.

I signed up for the St. George Marathon this morning! I will find out if I get in on May 11th! I am way excited to go down there the first weekend in October whether I get in to the race or not! I decided I should try to run it this year while I had the chance because I don't know if I'll be pregnant next October or not, and I think it would be cool to eventually be in the ten year club.

Yay for the simple joys in life!!!! I just took a break from writing this post to change Boston's diaper and he gave me a big smile when I was talking to him! I have seen him smile a few times, but that is the first time that he has smiled at ME! It made my day!! I was actually a little surprised at how happy that little smile made me. I love being a mom! There's nothing better!

No comments: