Sunday, September 13, 2015

Kayaking at Medina Lake


My friend Heather invited us to go kayaking at Medina Lake with her and her girls one afternoon. They had some extra kayaks, so we decided to give it a try. Lake Medina was beautiful, and it was a perfect activity for a hot Texas Summer day. Both the boys and I loved being outside, and the water and breeze made the Texas Summer heat bearable.


It took Boston and I a few minutes to get the hang of kayaking because we were new to it. Boston had his own little kayak, and Brody and I shared one. We kayaked across the lake to a cute little cave to eat our lunches. 









After the kids finished eating, they had fun doing a little cliff jumping by the cave until we were ready to kayak back to the other side again.

















Anything outdoorsy is my idea of fun. My boys are in their element doing things like this as well. It was such a fun day. I don't know why I don't think to do these type of things more often. Things like this are way better than going to Sea World or the community swimming pool! 

No comments: