Monday, December 2, 2013

November Fun

Here's a bunch a random pictures, mostly from my phone, of things we did in November. 


We had a cold front and it was so nice. Winter seems to come in one week spurts here. It gets cold for a few days, and then it's right back up in the 70's or 80's. Last week we were loving the lows in the 30's, and highs in the 50's for a change. Todays it's back to a high of 80. I can't wait for the next cold front to come by! I thought Boston looked so cute with his beanie and hot chocolate on the way to the gym with me one cold morning. 


We took advantage of the cooler weather and played outside a lot. Boston thought it was so cool that the older boys let him play football with them. 


Scott went to Boston for a week in November for a work conference. He had a good time learning new things, going to a Celtics game, eating out, and walking around Fenway Park. One night while Scott was gone, Boston and I went to a place near our house called Souper Salad for dinner. It was not very good at all, but at least I didn't have to cook. I've really disliked cooking this entire pregnancy because of the nausea and food aversions. Boston was plenty happy with the cafeteria type food, especially the jello. I think he went back at least 4 times for more jello. He was fascinated by it.  


We were so glad to have daddy home, and he brought us back some cool souvenir t-shirts from Boston too! I love Boston's face in this picture. We had a ward 5K the night he got home, so we wore our new shirts to the 5K. 


Boston was feeling pretty strong for the 5K in his Boston Strong shirt. He did great during the race. He loves races.  


It was a "Get Up and Glow" 5K to collect food for the food bank. We all wore lots of glow sticks. It was pretty fun. 


Boston had his first teeth cleaning at the dentist in November. Turns out he likes going to the dentist just like his mom. He thought it was fun when the chair moved up and down. He also thought it was so cool that there was a TV on the wall and the ceiling. The dentists were so impressed by how happy he was the entire time he was there. 


He looks miserable here, but he was just concentrating on biting down on the gauze for his fluoride while watching the TV on the ceiling. He thought it was so cool that he got a cars toothbrush and two prizes for being good. 


Boston got his first pet! It may be the only pet I'm willing to get, so I'm glad he likes it. His friend Hayden was moving, so he gave Boston his beta fish. 



Boston was very excited about it. He had to eat breakfast on the counter next to his fish for about a week. He asked me ten times a day if he could feed him too.  I had to tell Boston that the fish would die if he fed him too much since he was always asking to feed him. Now whenever I give Boston some fish food, he asks, "Is he going to die?" He's now very concerned about over-feeding his fish. 


Boston loves learning all the facts about animals. We had to google "Do fish have ears and can they hear?" because Boston wanted to know. We learned that they do have ears inside their head, but they don't hear very well. They mostly just sense changes in the water. Whenever the fish comes up to the surface to eat or blow a bubble, you'd think the fish did a flip or something by how excited Boston gets about it. He decided to name his fish rainbow because of all the colors on it. I'm glad he likes his pet, and may he always be happy with just a fish for a pet. :) 


Sea World was open all week during Thanksgiving week, so we went with some friends one afternoon. Boston has Flat Stanley with him in these pictures. His cousin Ethan mailed Flat Stanley to him from his elementary school. Boston was supposed to take him somewhere and then mail him back to Ethan's school so they could learn about Flat Stanley's adventures in class. 



The thing Boston was most excited about going to Sea World for was the snow. It was man-made snow, but it's the only snow Boston will know until we go back to Utah for Christmas again. The last time Boston saw real snow was when he had just turned two. Sea World had a little area where the kids could play in the snow and slide down a tiny hill on a tube. Boston thought it was awesome. 


They had a life-size snow globe at Sea World that the kids thought was fun to take pictures in.




We thought October went by fast, but November went by even faster. I can't believe it's already December, and I can't believe how close we are to meeting the new addition to our family. I can't wait to see what little bro looks like. :)

We had a great Thanksgiving this year too that I'll post about soon!

No comments: