Sunday, November 10, 2013

October Fun

Here's a random collection of some fun things we did during October. 


The first Saturday of October Scott took Boston to the Home Depot kid's project. 



They made a fire fighter airplane and got to sit in a fire truck. 




 

Boston really loves to do these kid's projects they have the first Saturday of every month. 


We went to Sea World a few times during the day for the non-scary Halloween stuff and some trick-or-treating. 


It was still really hot at the beginning of October. We melted this day. 




Scott and I also went to Sea World one night for a group date for the scary stuff. We did a few haunted houses, a couple shows, a couple rides (I was the designated purse holder for those :)), and saw our friend perform in the Jack is Back show. We try to do this every year. It's pretty fun to do Sea World with just adults because we're so used to having kids with us, and it's a cheap date since we all have season passes there. 


This was at Shamu's Rockin Creep Show. 


Jack is Back was my favorite. I don't like haunted houses very much. 


The one in the middle all dressed up is our friend from church who is an amazing singer. She worked hard to get the lead in the Jack is Back show and she did such a good job. It was fun to see her. 


This was Boston trying so hard to be patient and keep himself entertained one day while I was getting ready. I thought it was a cute sight, so I took a picture with my phone real quick. 


It finally started to cool off a little towards the end of October. Boston had fun playing in the rain one Sunday afternoon. 



Boston really wanted something scary on our house for Halloween, so we made these teeth and eyes one night for family night out of foam board. I got the idea from a friend in Utah who did this to her porch. 


Lunch date with Boston after teaching water aerobics at the gym one day. They did face painting in the kid's club that day. I made sure my sandwich was in the picture because I got the roast beef sandwich which is not like me. I usually only like white meat like chicken or turkey. My appetite is so different when I'm pregnant. It always surprises me what does and doesn't sound good to me.


 For Family night the Monday before Halloween, we did pumpkin carving and watched Hotel Transylvania. Scott did a minion from Despicable Me, I did a ghost, and Boston chose a bat for Scott to do for him. He kind of helped scoop it out, but he mostly just ate chocolate chip cookies and watched the movie. He was very happy about the pumpkins when they were done though and couldn't wait to light them up.



Here's some of the Halloween crafts Boston did throughout the month either at preschool or the gym. 

I'm glad Boston gets so excited about the holidays. It makes them more festive and fun for us. 

No comments: